Pointing Devices and Displays

Pointing Devices and Displays

chenryb
Message 1 of 8 (778 Views)

5 button ms 6000 mobile mouse

778 Views, 7 Replies
10-24-2010 09:32 AM

Left-handed person, looking for a wireless 5 button mouse similar to my corded MS optical intellimouse, to use with my notebook. Found MS 6000 mobile 5 button mouse has similar features. Have searched the MS site for more than 1 hour, and cannot find any info about what command it can be assigned for those 2 side buttons. All they are saying they are customizable. Does anyone using this ? Do you know how and where can I find out this ?  There are people complaining the transceiver get hot after short use. Is this the case you exprieced ? Or, anybody would recommand other similar 5 button mouse, with a small usb transceiver like this MS mouse. Thanks.

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 8 (773 Views)

Re: 5 button ms 6000 mobile mouse

10-24-2010 11:08 AM in reply to: chenryb

I use a Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 for my laptop.  The side buttons are normally "Forward" and "Back" but you can reprogram them to anything you want.   You can even assign them different functions for different applications (I have mine setup for "Cancel" and "Properties" in AutoCAD)  It uses a Nano Transceiver so it can be left in the laptop all the time, and there's a on/off switch to preserve the battery when you're not using it.  The transceiver never gets hot, or even warm for that matter.

The left, right, and middle (wheel) buttons only need a very light touch to click them, which I really like, but the wheel does not have click stops when you roll it, which I don't like.  The mouse can actually be considered a 7 button mouse because the wheel button has tilt scrolling but unfortunately the tilt on the wheel is not programmable, so it don't serve any purpose in AutoCAD.

Here's a demo of the mouse driver

http://screencast.com/t/szv6GpFkQXh

chenryb
Message 3 of 8 (769 Views)

10-24-2010 12:44 PM in reply to: nestly

Thanks for the excellent demo. When you said you assigned one button to 'cancel', is it the 'esc' key ? I programmed my corded Intellimouse, one 'esc' and the other 'pop0'. Have to use a old driver though. The newer one that released later, MS somehow deleted this. Good that your usb transceiver does not get hot. I checked some of the people bought this from Amazon found theirs was so hot that it almost melt in the port.

*Pro
nestly
Message 4 of 8 (764 Views)

10-24-2010 02:05 PM in reply to: chenryb

Yeah, I meant Escape.

Esc doesn't work as a "keystroke" but "Esc" is one of the pre-asigned Macros in the driver

chenryb
Message 5 of 8 (744 Views)

10-25-2010 10:21 AM in reply to: nestly

Just bought one. Thanks again.

chenryb
Message 6 of 8 (728 Views)

10-29-2010 01:38 PM in reply to: chenryb

Hi Nestly, 

How do you assign the side button to 'esc' ? Can you show me step by step ?

Tried mine with the latest firmware  (V8.xx) and I cannot find a way to set this. There is no 'esc' key to choose from. Just like my chorded MS intellimouse that I am still using with my desk top computer. I can assign a 'esc' key from the software came with the mouse. After I updated the mouse firmware later, somehow they (Microsoft) removed the 'esc' among the pre-set keys to choose from. I needed to re-installed the old version (I believe it was v.4.0).

*Pro
nestly
Message 7 of 8 (726 Views)

10-29-2010 02:04 PM in reply to: chenryb

No problem, it took me a while to figure it out also.  I'm actually using IntelliPoint 7.0  but I'm pretty sure 8 is the same.

On the list of pre-assigned commands, select "Macro" then on the "Special Insert..." list, you'll find Esc.  I also renamed the Macro from "Macro0001" to "Escape" to avoid any confusion.

http://screencast.com/t/dlxNAWwg6xS9

chenryb
Message 8 of 8 (718 Views)

10-30-2010 12:42 PM in reply to: nestly

Many thanz....... Nestly !

Finally I've got it.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.