Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APL 2014 Layers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drenn
513 Views, 2 Replies

APL 2014 Layers

The points i am placing do not go to the new layers i have created in APL 2014. I go into apl settings and add new layers and descriptions for electrical tab, come back out, layout some manual points from the electrical tab and all the points go to layer 0. it does create the layer i chose, but is not putting the points on them.

it appears to be placing the points on the current layer that i am on and not the layers that i have assigned in the point dialog box.

any help would be appreciated,

thanks,

Derek

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drenn
in reply to: drenn

Ok, so i think i have fixed it.

Originally i copied the layer names from a text file and pasted them into the apl settings dialog box. Very subtle, but i noticed that there was an extra space at the end of each of the layer names. i went into settings, backspaced the added blank character out and all is good.

Message 3 of 3
s.hamel
in reply to: drenn

Good catch, AutoCAD layers are not allowed to have spaces on the front or back, but as you found, you can have them in the settings screen there.  I will see if I can handle that issue automatically.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report