Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set calculation for default value

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ihadden
269 Views, 1 Reply

set calculation for default value

It would be great if i could define a calculation for the default value of a field. The result of the calculation would show at item creation of could be overwritten by the user. 

For example. I could have a calculation on target completion date to be today's date + 21days. The user could then use this calculated date or select a different date. 

better still would be if the calculation could be driven off another field. 

For example. I could have a calculation on target completion date to be item.EST_APPROVAL_DATE + 21days. The user could then use this calculated date or select a different date. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nguyentru
in reply to: ihadden

Hi ihadden,

Currently our in our system, you have the ability to set Editable: True, False, and Creation Only.

By you selecting the Creation Only, it will only allow the user to input the field at the time of creation.

Once the user "Save" the record, the field will no longer be avaiable for modifications on "Edit"

This will force the user to utilize the set target completion date.  

Now you can also create another field called "Different Date".  This will allow the user to select an alternative date.

Once the user select an alternative you can utililze the action script to recalculate the value based on your business logic.

I hope this will help resolve you issue.

thanks,

Trung

Field.PNG 

Trung Nguyen | PLM Product Management | Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report