cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Script on Editing Grid

Run Script on Editing Grid

Hi Guys,

We have an action script running to sort out the row order of a workspace grid. However, the script will only run when we edit the Item details. This method of sorting the grid rows is a little tedious. It would be great if the script would run by simply editing the grid.

Thanks

Saoirse

12 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
I'm planning for advancements on behaviors (events for scripting), this will certainly be in the list of enhancements!
Colgan
Enthusiast
Thanks Jared,

I look forward to seeing them.

Saoirse Colgan
Project Engineer
Suretank Group
Tel: +353 41 68 62022
Email: scolgan@Suretank.com

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use,distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.
BiggePLM
Advocate

Can't wait for this one.

Adding more triggers for launching scripts will greatly simplify our scripts and allow more options for automating the workflows.

We do alot of fake item details edits through action scripts when spawning new records to force edit/update behavoir scripts to run.

By having these run on other triggers my scripts can be shorted and less nested.

Bob Donovan

Howard.Dawson
Participant

I would also like to see this idea in the products as I have also run into examples whereby having the ability to run a script on editing a grid would be most useful

BiggePLM
Advocate

We are using the Grid for our line items for RFQ & Purchase Order Tracking workspaces and having the grid edit as a workspace behavior is sorely needed.

The sourcing information we store on our items would be more useful if when we add or edit a grid row it would use a simple script to look up the matching vendor sourcing information on the item and fill in those fields in the grid rows rather than

a. Manually looking up the info and entering by the user

b. Waiting until an existing behavior is triggered to run the look-up script

Even if derived fields was available for the Grid that method doesn't work because the sourcing information cannot be reached through a simple picklist function.

Still waiting to see when new behaviors will be available

BD

leungjcp
Collaborator

This feature is a must.  4 years have passed since the first post of this idea and there's no functionality for this?  If we can run an onEdit script in the item details, we would expect the same for the grid tab.  I know, easier said than done.

But still... the grid tab is the only area where we can add or delete fields dynamically via scripting.  It also has fields which can be reported on and filtered ascending descending.  Project MGMT tab doesn't do that.  

The grid tab can be used as a to-do list.  We have an expected number of items and when each item is complete we check it off....but nothing gets calculated after saving.  Upon saving, we can't capture the date, calculate how many remaining items, capture user info etc...  We have to take one more step by clicking a transition and running an action script.  Users will forget this step always.

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

BiggePLM
Advocate

With this being archived is there no future consideration anymore for adding this functionality to Fusion Lifecycle? Would be very disappointed if Autodesk, who has always been an advocate for user input, to table this

leungjcp
Collaborator

I agree and hoping there will be some sort of a solution.  This would save me on all the extra scripting I had to do to ensure the item details was being updated from the grid and the integrity of the data would be much improved.

jeremy_lambert
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi all, we had a bit of a glitch, sorry about the confusion. 

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report