PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
2 Kudos
dkeeley

Run a script on all items within a workspace

by Mentor on ‎11-01-2012 10:31 AM

Hi,

It would be good if there was an easy way to run a script on all items within a workspace.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,

With the release of 9.05, the feature to run action script on demand allow users to run the script without being tied to a workflow or behavior.

I beleive this will solve you problem to run a script on all items within a workspace.

thank you,

Trung

Comments
by Employee on ‎01-27-2013 09:57 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by Employee on ‎10-16-2014 04:32 PM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

Hi David,

With the release of 9.05, the feature to run action script on demand allow users to run the script without being tied to a workflow or behavior.

I beleive this will solve you problem to run a script on all items within a workspace.

thank you,

Trung

by Mentor on ‎10-17-2014 12:47 AM

Hi Trung,

I don't think this addresses what I'm looking for. I want a way to run a script on all items within a workspace at once (or at least sequesntially but from a single command). The solution you're discussing, although very welcome, only allows scripts to be run on one item at a time.

Regards,

David.

by Employee on ‎10-17-2014 02:35 AM
Hi David, I understand your idea well. Yet i'd like to better understand the problem and the motivation behind it. What are you trying to solve that lead you to this idea? Thanks in advance,
by Mentor on ‎10-17-2014 02:56 AM

Hi Trung,

I'll give you an example. I have a workspace at the moment with a couple of thousant items in it. All of those items have milestones. I've decided that I want to stop using milestones in that workspace so I want to remove them from each of the items. I think the only way to do this (apart from the UI) is trough scripting.

David.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey