cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationships tab configuration

Relationships tab configuration

The Relationships tab could use some attention.  Two ideas:

1. Let's make the "Types of Relationship" column actually do something, or at least give us the option to hide it.  I understand that it does have a little icon in it that means something, but the column could just be the width of the icon, it doesn't need to include the words "Cross-Reference".

2. It would also be helpful if most of the fields that are available in the Workflow tab were also available in the Relationships tab, such as Last Action, Date of Last Action, Performed By, Created On, Created By, etc...  In general we need more functionality on the Relationships tab including configurable columns.

Joe Hendrickson

5 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Joe,

Congratulations!!!

Your idea has been accepted

We will work on getting this idea in our future release.

Thank you,

Trung

j.hendrickson
Advocate

One more thought on #1, I'd actually like to be able to define types of relationships, which I'm assuming was the original intention of even having a Type of Relationship column, but I just want to be clear that that would be welcome functionality, more so than simply hiding it.  For instance:

Task

NPI/RFQ

RFQ/RFI

Portfolio

Category

I have seen examples where these types of related records are captured on the Item Details tab via pick lists and with scripting and derived fields that can show related information, but I think the Relationships tab would also be a good place for these types of things.  This assignment might make more sense to be called "Category", see  Idea #3 below...

Idea #3: Many relationships have a hierarchy to them.  I had been using the Linked Items tab for these but that didn't seem right.  And using the Bill of Materials tab isn't right either.  I've since moved these connections over to the Relationships tab but in addition to not knowing the context of the relationships it's also difficult to know where the records fall in a hierarchy.  For relationships that have some hierarchy, like a parent/child, there should be a way to indicate who's who.  Perhaps that's an enhancement to the "Direction Type" parameter we already have:

Equal

One-Way (no indication of relationship on related item's record)

Parent/Child (there would be an additional column called "Level" where Parent or Child could be chosen, or the numbers 0 or 1)

In my mind this is more a relationship type than simply indicating direction.  In fact, relationships in any given Category can only be of one Type, which is chosen when the Category is defined.  Bringing it all together it looks like:

Category --> Type --> Level

Whew... not sure where that all came from, I have better things to do than dream about these things!  I'm getting back to work.  Use or use not, I'm just throwing this out there.  Thanks.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for submitting your idea.  The timing isn't quite right for this to be a priority for development consideration.  As such, we will put this on the back-burner to revisit at a later date in the context of Modern.  Please continue to comment and add your support.

Giliar Perez
Product Owner - Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk Canada Inc.

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report