cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Tab: Add Milestone Date Move Capability

Project Management Tab: Add Milestone Date Move Capability

Is there a chance that the same ability to move multiple dates out at the same time that is found in the milestones tab, can be replicated in the Project Management tab? With the complex way we are using PLM360 to support project management we cannot utilize the milestones tab.

That said we really like the ability to move multiple task dates out without having to change them one by one.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Dan Naugle

10 Comments
dnaugle
Enthusiast

Adding a bit more detail to this:

In our use of the PM tab we utilize three levels:

1. A Tasks workspace where individual items are assigned to owners and where currently the dates and % complete are created and edited

2. A "pivot" workspace where the sole use is to collect tasks into groupings (in our case phase gates for new product development)

3. A "parent" item in a third workspace where we create a roll-up of the tasks to stations then into the parent item PM tab.

The ability to edit the individual task dates and % of completion from any of the three levels would be a great improvement and time saver for us.

Thank you.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi dnaugle,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea.

To clarify:

1.  You want the ability to shift the dates on the Project Management Tab.

2.  By shifting the end date, how would you compensate for the shifting of the Milestone.

a) Do we keep the milestones the same but only shift the end date

b) Do we need to recalculate the Milestones to compensate for the date changes

3. In MS Project when you shift the dates, it will also shift the predecessors. 

a) Do you want that same functionality?

Please provide more details and clarify some questions.

We will take it into consideration, and we will add to our future enhancement list.

thank you,

Trung

rjohnson
Enthusiast

Dan is asking for basic functionality of MS Project and many other Gantt chart applications.  If you have Task B that cannot start until Task A is completed, then if you push out the dates on Task A, Task B should automatically push out as well.  Currently in PLM360 you have to edit Task A and Task B.  Easy enough if you only have a few tasks but if you want to manage many dependent tasks and you change the first one, then you have a lot of editing to do.  This is so limiting that in fact we ounly use PM tab for high level tasks and leave the detailed schedule to MS Project.  I'd love to get rid of MS Project so the sooner ADSK improves thePM tab, the better.

dnaugle
Enthusiast

Trung,

rjohnson's reply above is accurate. If Autodesk was to use the date change functionality found in the milestones tab this would work for us.

A side note:

We do not use the milestone tab functionality because it only works with the states within that workspaces' workflow. To us this would just be duplicating the data we already have on the PM tab. BUT, if we could create custom milestone states this would open up other, possibly eaiser modes of use for us.

Regards,

Dan

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Toon.Broothaerts
Advocate

@benderk 

We experience the same issue, we want to alter the start/end dates of all tasks in a Project Management tab. Is this function already available? Thank you in advance for taking time out to answer me.

benderk
Autodesk

Unfortunately this functionality is not available in Fusion Lifecycle as of now.  We do not have a date in which it may be addressed at this time.

Toon.Broothaerts
Advocate

@benderk 

Thank you for your quick and clear response. Now I know we need another custom solution to tackle this situation. If Autodesk needs input on how to improve their Project/Task Management game, feel free to contact me or one of my colleagues at Reynaers Aluminium NV.

Enjoy your day!

benderk
Autodesk

Hi - It is definitely an area of interest to us.  I will make sure the Product team knows you are available to engage in discussion on improvement in this area.  I would check with the partner you are working with - there may be some customization they could do in the meantime to address your needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report