cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Improvements

Project Management Improvements

Love the ability to print out the Gantt chart from the project management tab but a few updates would make a HUGE difference for us...

1. Add an owner field to the PM tab so that the task, it's start and end date and the owner can all be seen on the print out.

2. Print all tasks within the PM tab not just the higest level in that workspace.

Example: We create tasks in one workspace, link those tasks to a milestone and then link that milestone to a master project plan. When we view this structure in PLM360 it looks and works great. BUT, when you print from the master projct plan all you get is a list of the milestones. In order to get the individual tasks within the milestones you have to create a second print from the workspace that the milestone is in. Really not good functionality.

3. Fire fox seems to have a problem with aligning the visual bar on the right with the task / milestone on the left, not sure if this issue appears in other browsers?

4. Can Autodesk offer a browser specific guide to best printing practices? I often find it very difficult to get text size and alignment correct when trying to print from Firefox.

Thank you.

Dan

2 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi dnaugle,

I appreciate you taking the time to write and submit this detail request to the Idea Station.

It seems like you have both ideas and questions in your submission.

1) The ability to add additional column and/or to be able to show the owner in the Print/Advance Print is a good idea.

I will add this to our feature list.

2) The ability to utilize the Print/ Advance Print view to show all the taks and sub-tasks in the Gant Chart is another good idea.  This is very similar to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/plm-360-ideastation/need-a-way-to-pull-out-a-schedule-from-plm/idi-p/5... (Duplicate)

3 & 4) At times we have no control over the various changes in the browsers that may or may ot affect the features or functionalities of PLM.  Our product team utilizes all the various browsers from IE, Chrome, Safari, Firebox to ensure the functionalities and performances are within specs and guidelines.  Depending on the users and laptop of choice, many members of the team like using Chrome, while others use IE.    My only suggestions is to make sure to use the latest versions, some of the older to oldest version will not be supported by PLM.

Status changed to: Archived

Hi there,

Due to the current direction of the product, we are not considering your ideas for implementation at this time. Thank you for your contribution, every idea and feedback is welcome. We encourage your continued participation on the Idea Station.

Giliar Perez
Product Owner - Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk Canada Co.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report