PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
6 Kudos
Asingh5

Organize Groups/Roles Section Better

by Contributor Asingh5 on ‎09-13-2012 11:38 AM

Instead of having all the roles for every workspace just listed top to bottom, it should be sectioned for each workspace separately.

Also if the possibility of creating custom sections in the groups tab would be available, it would help organize things much better!

Comments
by Employee on ‎09-25-2012 10:07 PM

Groups are workspace indepentant, so grouping them may take a different approach...  As for roles, I've been thinking about moving them to the workspace setup menu.  (Administration --> Setup --> Workspace).  So, when you expand the workspace setup pane you'd see roles as one of the options.

Thoughts?

by Employee on ‎09-25-2012 10:17 PM
Status changed to: Accepted

by Contributor Asingh5 on ‎09-26-2012 06:20 AM

If you were to move the roles in the workspace setup menu, that would help make things better.

However there would times were an Admin would have to adjust settings for multiple roles in different workspaces, and it could be annoying/tedious loading a new page or clicking "back" in the browser to access multiple workspace roles.

So the solution that you (Jared) have come up with is great but not fully practical as having the roles sectioned out by workspace in the roles tab (Just like how it is sectioned in the workspace tab allowing expansion and minimization of sections).

I hope that helps.

by Employee on ‎10-03-2012 12:37 PM

Asingh5,

Maybe we should update this idea to include both making the existing roles page easier to manage (with grouping as you described), along with providing access to a Workspace's specific roles through the Workspace setup menus?

-Jared

by Contributor Asingh5 on ‎10-10-2012 10:31 AM

That sounds great! I think if both ideas were to be implemented that would make a great solution.

by Employee on ‎04-14-2013 10:14 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey