cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize Groups/Roles Section Better

Organize Groups/Roles Section Better

Instead of having all the roles for every workspace just listed top to bottom, it should be sectioned for each workspace separately.

Also if the possibility of creating custom sections in the groups tab would be available, it would help organize things much better!

7 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni

Groups are workspace indepentant, so grouping them may take a different approach...  As for roles, I've been thinking about moving them to the workspace setup menu.  (Administration --> Setup --> Workspace).  So, when you expand the workspace setup pane you'd see roles as one of the options.

Thoughts?

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Asingh5
Enthusiast

If you were to move the roles in the workspace setup menu, that would help make things better.

However there would times were an Admin would have to adjust settings for multiple roles in different workspaces, and it could be annoying/tedious loading a new page or clicking "back" in the browser to access multiple workspace roles.

So the solution that you (Jared) have come up with is great but not fully practical as having the roles sectioned out by workspace in the roles tab (Just like how it is sectioned in the workspace tab allowing expansion and minimization of sections).

I hope that helps.

jared.sund
Alumni

Asingh5,

Maybe we should update this idea to include both making the existing roles page easier to manage (with grouping as you described), along with providing access to a Workspace's specific roles through the Workspace setup menus?

-Jared

Asingh5
Enthusiast

That sounds great! I think if both ideas were to be implemented that would make a great solution.

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report