cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to only view each item once when searching

Option to only view each item once when searching

Hi,

When searching a workspace, every hit in all fields are shown in individual rows. Usually when I search, I'm looking for a specific item. Therefor I'm not interested in how many places my searchterm is found in ever item, just which items that have atleast one hit.

So I'd like an option to filter the search to only show each item once in the list.

Best regards

Johan Kenneberg

3 Comments
sten
Advocate

++ on this request.

I would also like to see more dynamic search capabilities in the workspace list view.

Instead of having to go in a set a filter on a particular field, I would like to see a 'contains filter dialog' above each column in the list view.

That way I can quickly filter down to a subset without having to create new views every time.

On 2nd tought maybe this should have been a separate idea, but Ill leave it here for now.

screen_20140212_113040.png

NOTE: Here is a HTML/Javascript example of how this would work 

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/tablefilter.shtml

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi Kenneberg, Many people that I have interacted, all suggested similar ideas. This was already added to our development list. Thank you, Trung
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi Johan,

We recentled release a new search tool, that is able to search across multiple workspaces.

Also, the new search tool has filter function that allow you to filter through the selection of all workspaces or selected workspaces.

This helps eliminate redundant or duplicate displays.

Please check out the help guide to see "What's New" - http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-E1E51C78-9942-4082-BCA2-088F3B080DB0

thanks,

Trung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report