cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BOM roll up option

New BOM roll up option

I would like another Roll Up Function for BOM fields called "Sum Children Only" that would ignore the parent source field even if it has a value.  In my mind this is the most basic form of "rolling up" the values on a BOM.

Thanks.

Joe Hendrickson

3 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi Joe,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit this request.

You have brought up an interesting request.

I am trying to understand the business case and the information you are trying to Roll-Up.

1. Are you referring to the information in the Source - cost, quantity, total cost?
  2. Are you referring to roll-up the RoHs, REACH, EEE value in the check box?

Please provide some more information and details to help me better understand this request.

thank you,

Trung

j.hendrickson
Advocate

This is a follow-up request to a post I made in the Discussion forum a few days ago - Weight weight please tell me

In my case, all of our items, components and assemblies, are stored in a single workspace.  In order to capture the weights of the items there is a field called WEIGHT on the Item Details tab.  I would like to be able to roll up the WEIGHT values of an item's components without including the parent's own WEIGHT field in the roll up.  Currently the only options are to either include the parent's WEIGHT in the roll up or to use the parent's WEIGHT as the rolled up number (or use the highest or lowest weights).

I believe I've found a way around this by classifying the items as assemblies or components and using a computed field to capture the weight based on whether they are components or not.  I then roll up that field without trouble.  However, I still think this is a worthwhile option to have, and I would probably use it in some cases.

Thanks Trung.

Joe Hendrickson

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report