PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
0 Kudos
fxding

Multiple Attachment Tabs

by Contributor fxding on ‎07-12-2012 04:10 PM

A workspace with the capability to display multiple Attachment Tabs would be ideal to organize different kinds of documents related to one item. Thanks!

-Frank

Comments
by Board Manager on ‎07-13-2012 08:31 AM

Hi Frank - Have you looked at the Folders? They offer the abilty to organize.  Or are you looking for more permission type controls?

by Contributor fxding on ‎07-13-2012 09:06 AM

Brian,

I cannot find anything on Folders on WikiHelp. Can you give a me a hint on how it works? I'm not looking for permission controls. Thanks! -FranK

by Board Manager on ‎07-14-2012 07:39 AM

You need to set it when you upload the files.  There is a setting to create a folder on the fly as well as to pick and existing one from the list.

Try to add an attachment and you'll see the list.  After adding them - It will show up as a nice grouping mechanism on an item.

Folder.png

by Contributor fxding on ‎07-16-2012 12:06 PM

Thanks Brian for pointing out the folder feature! I like it and it really helps organizing the attachments for each item. But the folder created is based upon the each instance of a workspace. It cannot populate to other instances. -Frank

by Board Manager on ‎07-16-2012 12:19 PM

That's Right Frank - It's really just a way to organize the files and is pretty isolated to the item.

(one cool tip however is if you use the Zip function for all attachments - they will stay in their folder in the Zip file when you extract it!)

Were you looking for something different? Something maybe templatized so you always had the same folders?

by Contributor fxding on ‎07-16-2012 01:04 PM

Yes Brian. Some template-like design so that I can always have the same folders for all the items. Or multiple attachment tabs could serve the same purpose too. Thanks!

-Frank

by Employee on ‎10-29-2012 10:51 PM

Frank, 

Could you open a new idea request for the template idea?  I'm going to close this one for now.

-Jared

by Employee on ‎10-29-2012 10:52 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey