PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
0 Kudos
obourne

More Custom Print Capability

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎08-21-2012 03:04 PM

Previously I was able to create a custom print/form in 360 and it worked well enough BUT I could have used more functionality.

I would prefer to be able to use a scanned document as the basis of my custom print. In that custom print I want to overlay the desired fields in the correct spacial location on the scanned document. In usage within an item I want a particupant to see the document directly an enter in the required feilds as needed (error checking and all). This is the same workflow as filling in a PDF file but instead it would 360-matized.

I'm going to move this down in the list for now.
Comments
by Board Manager on ‎08-22-2012 09:09 AM

Although you can't add a scanned form you can design on in MS word and use that as a starting point (or if you have one already)  Check out the latest blog post

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2012/08/tip-tuesday-getting-even-more-advanced-with-ad...

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎08-22-2012 03:32 PM

Thanks for the response.

I am aware that I can do this with a Word doc. (and have used the functionality).

Specifically I need to do this with a scanned doc or PDF i.e. I need to fill out a government regulatory document as part of my process and I only have access to a TIFF or PDF file. Using existing functionality I would need to make a Word doc equivelant - less than ideal.

Again, thanks for the tip.

by Employee on ‎09-25-2012 10:36 PM

This is an interesting issue...  The problem I see here is that any sort of scanned image would be raster form, which is not very usable to align labels, image, tags, etc.  I think your request makes total sense, but we'll have to think about this one a little...

Taking the scanned image and making the background image for the report would not be diffictult (infact, I'm pretty sure you could do this today).  The hard part will certainly be the alignment issues...

by Employee on ‎10-29-2012 10:49 PM
Status changed to: Future Consideration
I'm going to move this down in the list for now.
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey