cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Field Formatting for Currency Formatting

Money Field Formatting for Currency Formatting

Our customers would like a way to format the Money field type to always show its value in a typical currency format like, $1,500,100.00. 

Currently this field type only shows 1000000.00 format.  I can add a UoM symbol of $ to the field but this shows as 1000000.00 ($).  Neither of these formats are acceptable and are very hard to read, especially when dealing with large values.  If a Money field is used it should automatically know to add the symbol, the commas, decimal depending upon your regional currency settings.

The Money field type should adhere to your Windows currency format settings or to a defined PLM 360 currency format settings.  This would improve the UI display and make reading these fields much easier from a user perspective, thus improving there experience with the product.

I've attached an image of the current display

Thank you for consideration to this idea.

John

6 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi John,

Congratulations!!! Your idea has been accepted

We will work on getting this idea in our future release.

Thank you,

Trung

jdow
Advocate

Awesome!

Our customers thank you!

Howard.Dawson
Participant

I had a similar thing and a bit clunky but created a computed field to show the value in sterling but then have another field in which to enter the value (TARGET_RRP). I did not want to show trailing .00 as we are deling in '000s. The computed field is as below

replace(replace(cast(cast(TARGET_RRP as money) AS varchar(15)),'$','£'),'.00','')

For your example would easier as you are already in $ and want to see the trailing .00

cast(cast(TARGET_RRP as money) AS varchar(15))

jdow
Advocate

hdawson,

Nice idea and would sorta work if it were only a field or two to deal with...but in my case i'm using the Grid Tab to represent a 8 fields with $$ values and using the Aggregation Types of Sum for sub-totals capabilities too.  In this situation this is will not work....Autodesk really needs to fix the display of Money value fields to be appropriate per your regional settings.  Thanks for the computed field string, that might come in handy in other situations!  JD

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Congrulations!!!

Your idea is now release and implement with August 2015 Release.

For more information on the latest release, so to the help guide - http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-E1E51C78-9942-4082-BCA2-088F3B080DB0 

Keep those submitting those ideas...

Thank you,

Trung

vponraj
Observer

This link does not take anywhere. can you point to this fix or in the correct direction

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-E1E51C78-9942-4082-BCA2-088F3B080DB0 

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report