cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo Manager allow GIF format

Logo Manager allow GIF format

The JPEG file format does not support a transparent color.  GIF does.  It would be nice to be able to use a GIF image for the logos on the login pages and top left of the page so that we can have one color transparent.  See the image previews with and without the transparent color that are attached.

Why do you restrict these logos to JPEG anyway?

Thank you.

Robb

11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, but here's what I did...

Create a PNG file with transparencies.

Rename the PNG to JPG and upload it.  The Transparencies will carry though the JPG file.  This workflow may also work with a GIF file, but I haven't tried it.

rjohnson
Enthusiast
This almost works. I saved the GIF as a PNG and then renamed it to JPG as
you suggested. In the Logo Manager the background is transparent. I
thought we were good to go. However, in the login splash page, the
brackground is not transparent (shows up as white).

Robb
rjohnson
Enthusiast

Actually, I take that back.  I gues it just takes a few minutes to propagate through PLM360.  I had logged off and logged back in but that didn't work.  I just can back to PLM360 after an hour or so and now it is transparent in the splash page.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Robb

rjohnson
Enthusiast

BTW, here is the splash screen with transparent logo.  Much nicer.

Splash screen with transparent logo.JPG

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi Robb, This is a good request. We will add this to our feature list. thanks, Trung
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for submitting your idea.  The timing isn't quite right for this to be a priority for development consideration.  As such, we will put this on the back-burner to revisit at a later date.  Please continue to comment and add your support.

Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

rjohnson
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, the Modern UI doesn't have all the features working that we use in Classic.  We have a very extensive set or workspaces that use almost all the different tabs.  Until the Modern UI has the same functionality, we cannot mirgrate.  Also, we have not been given a good proposal from ADSK on data migration.

loic_guilloux_GE
Enthusiast

Renaming a png into a jpg is a good tips to know. So if this tips is working that means pratically the jog is done, only the developpers need to allow png (or gif) to be imported as picture that'is it. Nothing really difficult I guess! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report