cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Tool with multiple workspace Access

Import Tool with multiple workspace Access

It is common for a BOM to have a wide variety of components/items associated in it (For Example Screws, Washers, Nuts, Hardware, Motors and sub-assemblies). Many would organize those components/items in more than one workspace within PLM360.

In order to mass create/update BOMs of a specific product practically, the import tool must allow access to add/remove 'child' items from other workspaces - Especially if PLM360 allows you to do it manually.

Having access to only the 'Parent' workspace in the import tool is impractical. This either results in poor item organization within the workspace when trying to make the import tool work OR results the user performing a tedious manual process.

Overall, I think the import tool is a great feature for BOMs; however it still needs to incorporate a multi-workspace functionality to serve its purpose practically.

Regards,
Amrit Singh

6 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived
Hi Amrit, Currently our import tool does have the functionality to create Parent and Child relationship. Through the import tool you can import n the Part Number, Name etc... and create the Hierarchy BOM, Level BOM, or Parent Child BOM. Please refer to the link for instructions. http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-D887D527-2187-4210-B04B-33745853E112
Asingh5
Enthusiast

Does this allow access to a parent child relationship if the parent and child are in different workspaces?

plmadmin
Contributor

Support,

Please revise the status on this request. 

The status was set to "Solution Provided" however, I don't see how the Solution solves Amrit's original issue. 

It does not solve the inability to import BOMs where child items resides in a different workspace.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi Amrit, I am sorry for misunderstanding the original request. Currently at the time, you can't import parent/child in different workspaces. I will add this to our future enhancement list. thank you, Trung
benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report