PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
New Idea
22 Kudos

Run Script by Push Button

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎02-21-2013 01:55 PM

I'd like the ability to run a script by pushing abutton in the workspace item and not have to rely upon a state transition to do so. There are times where I want to create an item but use data from an existing item (the one I'm in at that time) and then link them together via the relationships tab. I want to do this without a state change (because state change would not be needed to simply link to items). I realize I can change behaviors to run a script upon creation that could do much of the same. It just makes sense to NOT to have to navigate away from where I'm at and then remeber what I want to link to. I'm all about automation.

This feature is finally being rolled out.  This will be in our upcoming release.

Check out the "What's New in our Help Guide"

Thank you,

Trung

6 Kudos

I have several assemblies with 100+ unreleased sub-items. 

When I add them to a change order I have to find them at the top level and select them one at the time.

When I select the top level assembly I can see the subasseblies and items, but it does allow me to select them. I have to find them all at the top level.

Why not allow me to select items in a BOM tree?.

screen_20140221_083247.png

Hi Sten,

I am happy and excited regarding the new enhancement that will allow the users to Add Parent and Children items when adding items to the Change Order.

What's New: November 2014

Capture.PNG

9 Kudos

Scripting Access to Relationships Tab

by pmaxted1 on ‎08-02-2012 12:23 PM - last edited on ‎08-02-2012 12:25 PM |

It is often both difficult and tedious to manually create relationships between different workspace items (as the picture below illustrates). It would save a lot of time to be able to write scripts to automatically add relationships between workspace items. 

Even tying the ability to add relationships into the function createItem('WS_WORKSPACE_ID') would be a huge time saver.

Item Relationships

6 Kudos

Scripting Access BOM & Sourcing Tab

by Active Contributor DonovanJr on ‎12-03-2012 11:37 AM

We need access via the Server Side Sripting to both the BOM Tab & Sourcing Tab.

I believe there are several support threads as well as Ideastation references to this functionality but I felt we needed a clear Idea Post for this functionality.

Similar to the new object record item.workflowitems recently added we need to have information contained in the BOM & Sourcing tabs for use in scripting.

An example would be having an assembly shown on an Sakes Quote Grid and a workflow that would explode the BOM children of that assembly into the grid of an RFQ and access the default supplier to create a master RFQ for cloning quoting purposes.

Ideally this would be read/write access for back feed updating of costing etc.

4 Kudos

​ Default filters in a picklist

by cruzj on ‎06-05-2013 10:43 AM
We would like to be able to narrow down a linked picklist for a certain criteria.

Example: We use Product ID as a unique identifier for products. In other workflows, we will link a picklist of Product IDs to a form so that we can assign more attributes to the product. Product ID  can have a status of "Assigned," "Orderable" or "Retired." We would like to pre-filter a picklist of products to show only those that are in status "Assigned" but not "Orderable" state. There is no current client-side scripting available today.

Only possible by "chaining" workspaces. Create a new picklist when the item changes status, e.g., when a Product ID is first released, spawn record in another workspace with the narrowed-down population of "Assigned." .

5 Kudos

Allow bulk Import into Multiple Selection Picklists

by Contributor Asingh5 on ‎11-14-2012 10:52 AM - last edited on ‎11-14-2012 10:53 AM |

When using the import tool, performing a bulk import of values into a "single selection" linking picklist is possible. Unfortunately I cannot select a "Multiple Selection" linking picklist it in my import to do the same thing.

This feature is very important for our company since it would allow us to show our linked product items in one specific field, as opposed to having multiple "single selection picklists"--which doesn’t make a clean visual. 

The data I have is in a excel format. With over thousands of entries, having the import tool to bulk import the linking picklist values in the multiple selection picklists would allow me to provide my tenant with the information it needs efficiently and visually appealing.

import.png

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-0635504E-2FB4-4D06-BD6F-36DF14B7FC14

June 2013 Release - 

Import BOM and Item Improvements

It is now possible to import BOM and item data directly to multi-select fields.

3 Kudos
Conditional form-building in a workspace with workflow. We would like to be able to change a form layout based on a classification. Classification is the capability where we get different fields in a form for different scenarios, for example, in pricing.

The pricing attributes necessary for a product for a price list effective period can change depending on the period or type of product. The actual pricing framework and calculation can change as frequently as every month or any ad hoc period as set by the pricing team.

Framework impacts to forms
Ex) We work on about price list effective periods at the same time – the form would be different for a different pricing framework

Per Jared: This is not on the roadmap. The team needs to talk to he product manager responsible for classifications for the expected timeline.
The workaround is that we would use a more complex form that needs to accommodate the superset of everything that might be needed. The workaround is not ideal.

Hi There,

We now have a technical preview availble for classification functionality in PLM 360. If you are interested to participate in this technical preview, please contact me directly at hagay.dvir@autodesk.com

3 Kudos

Modify Item Views for multiple users

by jbarnett on ‎03-12-2013 08:01 AM - last edited on ‎03-12-2013 08:02 AM |

At this time, all views are by individual. There is not a way to globally configure a view globally.  Item Views should be able to be modified for an entire team from the system admin rather than from case to case basis.

2013-03-12_1059.png

I think this is pretty well covered in, another Idea Station submission (Copy custom views between users), so I'm going to move this one to dupicate status. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-PLM-360-IdeaStation/Modify-Item-Views-for-multiple-users/idi-...
4 Kudos

Adding Project Management items in the Project Management tab is tedious at times. Being able to add project items through scripting would allow an automated procedure involving less time consumption and tedious routine work.

2 Kudos

Debug mode

by keith.tyler on ‎06-27-2013 11:17 AM

It would be beneficial to have a debugging mode for scripting (including stepping through low level scripts for which code is not available).

Debugger was added to the May 2014 release! See Advanced Debugging in the Help at: ;http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-764824AA-A429-4995-ACC0-64EEFB033507
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register