PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
New Idea
3 Kudos
rdalli

Action Notification Scripting access

by rdalli on ‎12-12-2014 09:57 AM

Current Scenario: Actiona Notification can only be sent via UI. So it is purely dependent on users to select users/Groups to be notified.

Idea: Provide scripting access to Action Notification. So based on business case we can set default users/groups to notified.

for e.g. If a Quality Procedure is being updated, we would like to notify all groups that use that Quality procedure by default and not depend on user.

Hi Rdalli,

Thank you for your suggestion to help improve the Action Notifciation.  

While we can't promise that your ideas will be implemented, we will be sure to add to our feature list and that our product development team receives your submission.

Regards,

Trung

4 Kudos
rdalli

Email Notification on Script Errors

by rdalli on ‎12-05-2014 01:21 PM

Current Scenario: In PLM360 if any script fails due to an error, error is logged to script error log. However no one is notified. You will not know if you are not actively looking at your scripts.

Idea: Provide configuration where PLM360 admin can setup their email ids and be notified when a script error. It should work as follows.

1) Admin should be able to set the email id to which all errors will be sent.

2) An email containing the details of the error like:

Script Name:

User ID:

Timestamp:

Error details:

Link to the item that failed.

Should be sent to the configured email.

Hi rdalli,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea.

I can see the value and business case why it is important to e-mail the Admin when there are multiple script errors.

I will add this to our feature list.

Thank you,

Trung

1 Kudo
swells

Adding an image field to the grid tab

by swells on ‎12-06-2014 07:23 AM

Images are some times needed as additional information to support text or data, it would be very benafitial if the Grid Tab could have the capability of adding an image field.

The Grid Tab is a great way of adding additional lines of information based around specific fields, this allows you to keep adding and adding more lines of the sames date where needed.

However you currently cant add images as one of these specific fields as image can not be picked from the data type dropdown when setting up the field.

I have a need for creating this type of tab within a workspace, but the information which is needed within this area of the workspace must have supporting images pr photos.

The advantage of having the information in this way then means you can progress to an advanced print view which can be printed out and given to the shop floor in form of a report if needed, in my case I want another user to look in to this workspace and on to the Grid tab to see the lines of information with supporting images to help overcome a language barrier.

Please can you look in to adding image fields in the Grid section.

HI Swelss,

Congratulations!!!

Your idea has been accepted.

We will add this to our feature list and will be working on getting this idea in our future release.

thank you,

Trung

12 Kudos
matt.kelsay

Automatic Reports by Email

by Contributor matt.kelsay on ‎08-27-2014 05:22 AM

It would be great to have the ability to have reports run on a certain time interval and then emailed automatically. The time interval and recipients could be chosen when setting up the report. Either having the report printed in html in the body of the email or have an excel file attached to the email would work.

For example: I would like a report to run every Friday and be sent to certain people.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit this request.

After reviewing this request, I will add this to our feature list.

thank you,

Trung

5 Kudos
sten

Need a way to pull out a schedule from PLM.

by Valued Contributor sten on ‎10-13-2014 12:31 PM

PLM has some nice scheduling features, but I am missing the export a schedule.

From time to time I need to be able to pull out a schedule including lower level item. 

This could be for creating reports or for pulling it into another schedule tool.

The only way I can get it out today is screenshots.

I would like to see all of these methods supported:

1) Export the schedule with all children (all levels) to a spreadsheet (similar to BOM)

2) Make it possible to read out a schedule with all levels using the REST API

3) Support 'n' levels in Advanced Print View

Hi Sten,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit your idea regarding the exporting ability for schedules.

Many customers have also appraoched me the ability to have Advance Print View showing the Tasks and Sub-tasks as part of the display.

I will add this to our feature enhancement list.

Thank you,

Trung

5 Kudos
dkeeley

My Outstanding Work reporting

by Mentor on ‎09-26-2014 06:43 AM

Hi,

I need to be able to create reports detailing outstanding PLM tasks for all of my team-members. It would be greatly benefitial to be able to generate a report detailing my own and other people's outstanding work.

Regards,

David.

Hi dkeeley,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea to the Idea Station.

I have encountered many customers asking for this feature or similar feature regarding the extraction of the Outstanding PLM tasks.

I will add this to our feature list.

Thank you,

Trung

7 Kudos

IF would be great if I could include fields from BOM children where the child is located in a deifferent workspace. Would like to be able to do this in print views and BOM views. 

9 Kudos
dnaugle

Report Folders

by dnaugle on ‎06-18-2014 12:42 PM

The ability to move reports into a folder structure that could then be shared or made public would be helpful.

As the number of shared reports grows it can become tedious to find the one you are looking for.

If we had the ability to group reports into a folder (say by type or department) it would really help the user interface.

Thanks!

Dan Naugle

Hi Dan,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this request.  It seems that quite a few number of people like your idea.

We are looking into ways to enhance our reporitng tool.  This is a good idea, and I will add this to our feature list.

thank you,

Trung

13 Kudos
piggeej

More robust editor for Advance Print View

by Product Support on ‎04-17-2014 09:53 AM

It would be great and useful to have a more robust Advance Print view edtior, that included Tabs for full html editing, along with an attached CSS editor.

Example:

Tab one: current editor with ablity to add elements 

Tab two: Full html editor

Tab three: CSS editor

Tab four: Preview of edits not based on dmsID for layout views (color background etc...)

Hi piggeej, We appreciate you submitting your ideas and suggestions to us. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
12 Kudos
dkeeley

Project Management Improvements

by Mentor on ‎04-10-2014 03:26 PM

Hi,

I feel there is a need for significant improvements to the project management tab. I have been using it for a while and I have a number of issues. Many of them have bee reported here already (e.g. ability to add columns). However there are some fundamental changes required to make this tab useful for managing anything other than simple projects. Some other issues are;

- it is essential that reports can be run on projects

- milestone dates must be able to be changed and modified through the project UI (regardless of whether they are linked tasks or not)

- milestones and milestone status should be visible in the gantt chart

- Selectable colours

- etc etc etc

I'm a huge advocate of PLM 360 but currently the PM tab is letting it down. I've used another web based project management system before that I think you guys should have a look at. Please PM me for the URL if you're interested.

Regards,

David.

Hi David, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea to us. We will add to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register