PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
New Idea
1 Kudo

Hi there

I have created three workspaces, and I've created the reports for the first one.

The reports that I intend to create for the other two workspaces, will be exactly the same.

I'd like to be able to clone the report from the first workspace, and edit the workspace I use it in, and then save it to the right area.

Thank you

Claire

Hi Claire,

We appreciate you taking the time to write and submit this idea to the Idea Station.

This is a very interesting case, and I might need some additional information.

I understand the want to clone the report to make it easier and quicker.

I can only see the benefit to clone the report if they are the same workspaces which require some different information but still having same fields and types.  This is one of the reason why we only have clone ability for the same workspace.  Another reason for cloning reports is to capture the same data setting for the Chart. 

I am having a hard time understanding the value to clone a report for 3 different workspaces. Each workspaces have different fields content and different types (some have Grid field, BOM Field, Workflow) that may or may not be the same in all three. The user will need to go back into the report setting to change all the fields and type.

We would love to get more details and feedback from you.  This will help us understand the idea better and to properly design a feature based on your needs.

thank you,

Trung

8 Kudos

Hello,

it would be very useful to be able to clone existing reports one has created or clone reports other users have created.

Today we can't see how other users have created reports. Sometimes it is just easy to modify a report that somebody else has created.

Thank you

Hi crisjones,

Currently you have the capability to clone your own reports.  The reports that you create, the system will allow you to clone them.

Now for cloning other people reports, currently this feature has not been added at the moment.

I have some questions and require some clarifications.

As you user, I want to able to clone other people reports only when it is public/share.

Or as an Administrator, I want to be able to clone all the users reports that are active and inactive.

If an employee leaves the company, do you want the administrator to assign the reports to another user or to add to the administrator lists.

Please provide more information and use cases.

thank you,

Trung

6 Kudos
Kenneberg

Selection required on a filtered pick list

by Kenneberg ‎03-26-2014 12:22 AM - edited ‎03-26-2014 12:23 AM

Hi,

I posted a question about how to get the "Selection required" validation on a filtered pick list field. As I didn't get any suggestions this might be a feature that's missing. The original forum post is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/PLM-360-General/Selection-required-on-a-filtered-picklist/td-p/4905344

Hi Kenneberg, We appreciate you submitting your idea to the Idea Station. We have added this request to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
17 Kudos
michael.timmis

Radio Button display

by Contributor michael.timmis on ‎08-08-2013 12:42 AM

I have a simple picklist, 1 to 5, for a scoring record. However when you change from a default drop down box to radio button, they display as a vertical list of the options, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Radio Button Display.JPG

It would be good to have the option to make the radio buttons list horizontal or vertical. Improving the amount of space a form takes up on screen.

Thanks in advance.

This is a good feature, it gives the users more flexibility. We will add this to the list of features.
1 Kudo
Claire.WHH

Cancel Vs Close

by Claire.WHH on ‎08-07-2014 08:03 AM

Please can you consider the user of the work Close instead of cancel. For example, I've just edited the item details in one of my workspaces. I've clicked "save layout" and the green banner has appeared, saying "the layout was successfully saved." my only option to exit this interface is to click "cancel" couldn't this be "close" to save any confusion?

Many thanks

Hi Claire,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea.

I just want to clarify the Cancel VS Close.  Currently the only issue that I have seen is in the Importing tool.

Currently there is no button to close the import, the only way to exit Import is clicking the Cancel button.

Is the whre you would like to see the change or modification?

Is there another place where Cancel VS Close appear and cause confusion?

Please provide additional detials.

Thanks,

Trung

5 Kudos

I have several assemblies with 100+ unreleased sub-items. 

When I add them to a change order I have to find them at the top level and select them one at the time.

When I select the top level assembly I can see the subasseblies and items, but it does allow me to select them. I have to find them all at the top level.

Why not allow me to select items in a BOM tree?.

screen_20140221_083247.png

Hi Sten, We appreciate your ideas and inputs. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
4 Kudos

PLM360 is proving to be a great tool for us in support of new idea mangement, project selection and project management. But one other piece could make all the difference...

A communication tool. Something where we could share quick notes or a chat with teammates in a project community. Perhaps being able to "watch" an item for new comments, specific conversations regarding that item that are happing everyday on some level. The daily notifications are helpful but a section of the homepage or a seperate window that could be kept open that displays "live" data would be fantastic.

The goal, replace all project specific communication now taking place in e-mail. Facilitate and store this communication within an item and display all "watched" item communications on my homepge / dashboard.

Thanks

Hi dnaugle, We appreciate your ideas and inputs. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
4 Kudos
piggeej

Reports and Advanced print views.

by Product Support on ‎01-28-2014 08:29 AM

It would be great if we could:

Have the ability to choose a report as an element (in advance print view) and then have it embedded in the email sent out.

and/or

Choosing a report and the file type of the attachment, and have that sent out with the advance print view.

Hi piggeej, We appreciate your inputs. The idea sounds good, and we will add to our feature list. Thanks, Trung
5 Kudos

To help increase traceability of PLM actions and downloads, it would be helpful to track users actions when downloading or viewing a file from PLM. This action can be included in the systems log list or the systems log list can be configurable.

Security is about knowing who, what, where and when in cases of an ITAR / EAR or IP audits that are conducted.

Thanks,

Rick Noriega

Vacco Industries

3 Kudos

Hi,

When searching a workspace, every hit in all fields are shown in individual rows. Usually when I search, I'm looking for a specific item. Therefor I'm not interested in how many places my searchterm is found in ever item, just which items that have atleast one hit.

So I'd like an option to filter the search to only show each item once in the list.

Best regards

Johan Kenneberg

Hi Kenneberg, Many people that I have interacted, all suggested similar ideas. This was already added to our development list. Thank you, Trung
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey