PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
New Idea
1 Kudo
BiggePLM

Filter BOM View

by Valued Contributor BiggePLM on ‎07-25-2014 11:55 AM

To aide breaking down of a BOM View into lists for different purposes the custom BOM view is great. But when you have multiple functional areas looking at that information such as Procurement, Fabrication, Wharehouse etc. it would be nice to be able to filter the list to show only items in the BOM that met a specific criteria. Similar to the way Excell uses it Autofilter.

The idea would be that you have a filter row you could pick or enter the filter than apply and the currently displayed view would get filtered to show only matching items (parent items could be included if that causes issues). This functionality would be used for both Nested and Flat BOM Views.

BD

6 Kudos
Kenneberg

Selection required on a filtered pick list

by Kenneberg ‎03-26-2014 12:22 AM - edited ‎03-26-2014 12:23 AM

Hi,

I posted a question about how to get the "Selection required" validation on a filtered pick list field. As I didn't get any suggestions this might be a feature that's missing. The original forum post is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/PLM-360-General/Selection-required-on-a-filtered-picklist/td-p/4905344

Hi Kenneberg, We appreciate you submitting your idea to the Idea Station. We have added this request to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
5 Kudos
obourne

More UI Control Over Items

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎01-29-2014 03:53 PM

I realise this could be a big topic for development but I'll keep it to a few requests:

1. Be able to have item tabs listed on far right in a vertical orientaion. Makes for a bit more realestate at the top.
  2. Work wrapping on left view list (useful when field is a paragraph type).
  3. Control font type, color, underline etc. for Field Names.
  4. When editing item details have comment section be listed on left side. It will align with the field and be easier to match the comment to the field.
  5. Have format control over a matrix (i.e size, column width etc.)
  6. Be able to configure buttons that point to URLs for quick navigation. We can only point to items now. I'd like to point to reports, workspaces, admin sectionc etc.
Hi obourne, We appreciate your inputs and ideas. We will add this to our future development list. Thank you, Trung
3 Kudos

It would be useful to have a new Field Type that is the DMSID for items in the workspace. This is such a useful bit of information it just seems to make sense to have it "at the ready".

In our Sequencer WS, we have a field that were created to display DMSID I hope this help with your requests.
10 Kudos

I ask to introduce the ability to show the relationship graph attached this post with custom icons.

The graph would be much more clear if I could link the icon to an image filed of the record.

Just two use cases as example:

1) BOM VISUALIZATION: Quickly view the components types in a BOM visualization.

2) FASHION application:   Showing a dress component list I could show a tissue sample image.

But applications are many...

RelationshipGraph.JPG

Thanks and best regards,

Andrea Capuzzo

4 Kudos
rkierans

Cloning Views

by rkierans on ‎06-04-2013 05:52 AM

Hi

I have beening setting up views in a workspace. Some of the views are similar and would require a lot of the same field columns and filters. Can you please introduce a clone feature for views so taht these views could be set up quicker

Regards

Ronan

6 Kudos
Asingh5

Item Preview Enhancment

by Contributor Asingh5 ‎11-06-2012 08:22 AM - edited ‎11-06-2012 08:25 AM

The TABS section of the preview should open up and expand when clicked on instead of redirecting to the specific item. This would allow the quick easy access to key information such as BOM items, attachments, relationships, changes ext. Also there should be the ability to click the specified print view for the item as well.

Untitled.png

Great Idea, I've seen some mockups that are very similar to this idea!
1 Kudo

It would be great if there was a native support for 2d and linear bar codes.

I've 2 different online sources thus far and both have had issues. 1 was depricated (and it was recommened bu ADSK and provided by Google) and onother where the company was purchased by Yahoo and now I can't access their website to get some information.

While online/free resources are great I need reliable service.

HI Obourne, We appreciate you submitting this Idea. We will add this to our future enhancement list. Thank you, Trung
2 Kudos

I have an Excel application I would like to run in PLM 360.  It uses VBA and could draw from data in PLM 360.  It is a relatively large application and has a large screen footprint which means there must be capability to scroll to the right to see important data.

Perhaps this capability already exists and I'm not aware of it.  Since many of us are coming from spreadsheet intensive environments it might make the transition easier for us if we could use our Excel applications directly in PLM 360.

I’m not sure about running a spreadsheet project directly within PLM360, but we've had internal discussions around adding grid like functionality to the item details page. This is a good idea; however I think we’ll have to put this one out a ways. I also think you’re spot on about the advantage of this feature for users coming from excel solutions.
1 Kudo

Hi,

I had always find sorting the BOM a really headache whenever I add or remove items from my BOM.

The items in a BOM is tag to a running number.

See attched screen shot example. I had removed item 1.74 from my BOM and I need to add another 5 items into the BOM but my nightmare is that the BOM is not sorted according to the item number. If I need to add 5 items, it will appeared right at the end of the list. If I want to have them probably sorted, I need to make changes to the running number one by one.

Can I suggest that the BOM item list should be sorted according to their item number or may be a sort button provide to users to give them a choice to choose to sort their BOM.

Thank you.

Regards,

Carol Mak

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey