cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter view based on who can perform the next workflow action

Filter view based on who can perform the next workflow action

I would be nice if I could filter the new based on who can perform the next workflow item.

Basically I would like to filter the view to only show the records where it is my turn to perform a workflow action.

I know I can do this with using the "Outstanding Work" feature, but I have some workspaces where I have chosen not to show them in my outstanding work because the just clutters up the view.

8 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi Sten,

There might be an alternative solution.

Many of my customers have utilized the Change Owner and Additional to allow their employees to see and not see certain records based on their work section or group levels.

You can manually or write an action script that will Add or Remove Additional Owner to a record based on the workflow transition.

You can also manually or write an action script that will change the Owner of the record.  By changing the different owner, only the current Owner of the record will be able to see the record at that given time.

Thanks,

Trung

Capture.PNG

sten
Advocate

first of all, my initial proposal had a typo. It should be:

I would be nice if I could filter the "VIEW" based on who can perform the next workflow item.

I understand what you propose, but it would not work in my case since:

1. Everyone needs to be allowed to see the records at any time. Can't have "secret" quality records.
  2. I would like this to be available for the individual users so they can see their outstanding records
  3. I would like this to be available for managers to see what outstanding records there are, and who they are waiting on.

When I click on a workflow state I get a list of possible workflow actions and users who can perform the action.

I would like if this information could be made availble in the workspace filter view.

Screenshot 2015-01-08 14.43.41.png

nguyentru
Alumni

Hi Sten,

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide additional information and details.

This makes perfect sense.  Many customers would like to be able to see who needs to approve what.

Let me check if we have an alternative solution or need to add to our feature request list.

thank you

Trung

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi Sten,

After reviewing your updated comments, we will be adding this to our future enhancement list.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this request and provide additional comments.

Thank you,

Trung

sten
Advocate
Sounds good.

I imagine that adding them in the order that I select them could be
difficult, so and alternate method would be to sort them by descriptor
before showing the quantity window and before adding them to the BOM.

That would also work.

Sten
benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

AstroRossD
Advocate

Autodesk, will this ever be implemented?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report