PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
7 Kudos
jonas.andersson

Desktop folders

by Contributor jonas.andersson on ‎02-13-2013 03:45 AM

A function where a "desktop folder" can be added inorder to add/view documents from the desktop/finder directly into PLM360. The folder to be added should be connected to a certain workspace, where the user can chose which workspaces should be able to "share" information. 

The folder should be a direct connection through the username and password from the user, where permissions should be added depending on what role the user has.

Similar to dropbox, but with the added finess of PLM360.

Kind regards,

Jonas

Jonas, interest idea. I don't think is something we'll address right away, but let's come back to this in the future
Comments
by Employee on ‎04-14-2013 04:13 PM
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Jonas, interest idea. I don't think is something we'll address right away, but let's come back to this in the future
by Valued Contributor BiggePLM on ‎07-23-2013 06:38 AM

WIth the proliferation of Cloud based storage systems, this might be an area Autodesk would want to look into for their PLM Connect features.

My company is moving to a cloud based storage system the integrates directly with Windows as well as the Cloud Based CRM system.

It allows seamless integration with document storage via links rather than and upload download methedology which is proving to be more benificial to the users. Now they can manage their contacts & opportunities as well as any documents they are using or creating and the information stays linked for ease of location by others etc.

BD

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey