cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegation Should Be Emailed

Delegation Should Be Emailed

We have configured e-mail notifications on our workflows to notify users when they have an action to perform.  Unfortunately, if a users has delegated to another users, the delegate does not receive an e-mail.  It would be great if PLM360 would email the user and the user's delegate when they need to perform a workflow action.

6 Comments
gasevsm
Alumni
Afaik Rob, system should email both delegator and delegatee; will let you know what I find once I verify if this is a bug or was there an intentional change with last release and the reasons behind it. Could both users' check in their respective profiles > workflow email notification tab > see it they haven't supressed notifications, please? Thank you,
rjohnson
Enthusiast

I posed the same question to ADSK support.  This was their response:

The only indicator as of now is in the outstanding work list. User can find there items that are delegated to him.

That is why I filed a ticket in the Idea Station.

Robb

P.S. The users don't have notifications suppressed.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Robb,

After review, we discovered the feature to notify the delegatee on workflow action was not included.

We will add this to our feature list and set for future release.

We appreciate your input and suggestion regarding the notification for delegations.

Thank you,

Trung

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

We are happy to inform that notifications are now send out to both Delegator and Delegatee.

Thank you,

Trung

PLM-Sylvain.Bailly
Collaborator

Hi,

Sorry to ask again but are you sure that both, the Delegator and Delegatee, receive an email notification? I just did some tests today and I don't think that this feature is implemented.

Thank you to clarify this point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report