cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Workflow for Workspaces with Workflow

Default Workflow for Workspaces with Workflow

I've run into a problem where I created a "Basic Workspace with workflow" but did not immediately define any workflow.  I'm now 100 records into using the workspace and ready to define a workflow.  But I've learned that any workflow I add will only apply to new records, not be retroactive to pre-workflow ones.  This is counterintuitive as changes to workflows immediately apply to all records regardless of when they were created.  I consider "adding" a workflow to be a "change" and should also apply to all records.  Now I have some records with workflow and some without... in the same workspace.

My suggestion is that when a “Basic Workspace with workflow” is created it is pre-populated with at least one default state.  This will make it clear when creating records that the workspace is intended to have a workflow and to make it possible to fully define the workflow later on.

Thanks for the great product.

Joe Hendrickson

3 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi Joe,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this detail idea request.

I realize that many Admins forget to create a workflow when selecting Workspace with Workflow.

This causes the record to be lock and needs to be purge after the workflow is created and activate.

We will review your request and add this to our future enhancement list.

thank you,

Trung

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report