cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy custom views between users

Copy custom views between users

I've seen that the custom views created in the item viewer are not avaliable for other users.

Is there a way to do this?

As administrator I'd like to create some default views for all the users

17 Comments
ACapuzzo
Participant

It would really save a lot of time.

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted
This idea has several Kudos added to it, so let’s get a conversation started on it! I’ve been thinking about this idea for quite a while, and I always get stumped on the usability of it. As a user of PLPM360, I certainly do not want to pollute my views pull down menu with a bunch of other people’s views. So, I think I’d want some method to view/clone views that others have created or published. Or, maybe we leave this as an administrative task to create a set of default views that users can freely use, modify, or clone? Thoughts, opinions???
DonovanJr
Advocate

Yes it would not only save time but allow an administrator to set the default views taylored to their organization needs.

I would reccomend it be an administrator only (like in the General Admin Section etc) as pushing views out by the users would quickly get overloaded and confusing.

BD

jared.sund
Alumni

I tend to agree, this should be an adminstrator task only.  I could see this as part of the workspace setup tools.  Where an administrator could create a set (zero or more) default custom views.

obourne
Advocate

I like this idea. As an administrator I want to be able to "set" (or at least make available) certain views that I know are "good" for certain types of filtering/viewing rather than have my users have to figure it out one-by-one (I have a 100+ potential users). Some of the views we need are fairly complex to set up depending on the information needed. I don't want to have to go around to every users to explain to then what to do.

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dnaugle
Enthusiast

Ditto to all the above comments. About to launch to 40 users and have 12 different workspace views that will need to be set for all seats. The ability to create a "standard view" up front would be quite helpful.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

richard.valdez
Advocate

it would be great if there was an option to not allow users to Create their own views. this would allow the Admin to control what users can see and what they can't. this setting would be great as a permission that could be givin or not givin by roles.

pnigam
Advocate

it would be great if an administrator can set up defuault view for the users.

if users want to set up a different view then they have options to create their custom views as well.

mpasumarti
Advocate

I see that this idea has been accepted by Autodesk in 2014. Is there any idea on when is it available?

dvirh
Autodesk

You may be aware that we are working on a complete revamp of the Fusion Lifecycle user interface (if you are not aware, feel free to sign up for our beta program at https://beta.autodeskplm360.net). We have recently added managing workspace Views in our new user interace in the beta site and we intend to add the ability to share workspace views in this new user interface in the future.

Josh_Hudson97
Advocate

Is there any news when this feature will be added into the Modern Interface of Fusion PLM?

benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Since this topic is over 6 months old, and we would like to review it in more detail internally in the context of Modern.

Thank you,

Keri Bender

Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

loic_guilloux_GE
Enthusiast

Nice Idea

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report