cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning Views

Cloning Views

Hi

I have beening setting up views in a workspace. Some of the views are similar and would require a lot of the same field columns and filters. Can you please introduce a clone feature for views so taht these views could be set up quicker

Regards

Ronan

7 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni

Hi Ronan,

This is the first time soemone introduce the conept of cloning the Views.  We will take this into consideration, and add to future enhancement list.

Thanks,

Trung

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

obourne
Advocate

Hi All,

I absolutely agree with this request.

My users want left pane views/filters that are very similar with a few columns and filters tweaked a bit. It's a pain for them to have to re-cretea a view from scratch each time, especially when a similar view already exists. It's natural for them to want to clone a pre-existing view and tweak it.

Since it's a pain to do this now my users tend to avoid making views which, to me, results in system under-utilization.

dnaugle
Enthusiast

Could really use this also! Heard rumors it might be in an upcoming release?!

Agreed. Several of the users have the created the same complex views, but with different filters for different reasons. As there is no cloning ability, it takes quite some time to set up these multiple views. Please also consider the option of SHARING views between users (similar to how Reports can be made Private, Shared, or Public). We have spent a lot of time with novice users in setting up views that would be useful to their job function.

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report