cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning reports and cloning reports from other users

Cloning reports and cloning reports from other users

Hello,

it would be very useful to be able to clone existing reports one has created or clone reports other users have created.

Today we can't see how other users have created reports. Sometimes it is just easy to modify a report that somebody else has created.

Thank you

7 Comments
amartinez
Community Visitor

This would be great to have tha abililty to know how other users are utilizing the reports.  We will have a better chance of utililzing more tools from the Autodesk community that were not realized until someone actually created a new one.  Saves time and sort of like creatiing APPS.  good job. LIKE

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi crisjones,

Currently you have the capability to clone your own reports.  The reports that you create, the system will allow you to clone them.

Now for cloning other people reports, currently this feature has not been added at the moment.

I have some questions and require some clarifications.

As you user, I want to able to clone other people reports only when it is public/share.

Or as an Administrator, I want to be able to clone all the users reports that are active and inactive.

If an employee leaves the company, do you want the administrator to assign the reports to another user or to add to the administrator lists.

Please provide more information and use cases.

thank you,

Trung

crisjones
Explorer

Hi Trung,

not sure what you mean by providing more information.

The request is pretty simple, to be able to clone a report that is public and shared and then modify it and make it my own.

Additionally, how can the administrator remove reports that have been created by other users that are public (the users that have left the company for example)

Do you have a phone number I can reach you and we can discuss ? You also have access to our tenant. There are some old reports I want to remove that are public as they are not used

thank you for your help

Cristiana

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Crisjones,

After reviewing your request, I have accepted your idea.

I think there should be a better way for Admin and Users to clone reports and re-use them.

Especially when the user is no longer with the company, and there's no way to access the reports.

Thank you,

Trung

benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Copy custom views between users - Autodesk Community

Since this topic is over 6 months old, and we would like to review it in more detail internally in the context of Modern.

Thank you,

Keri Bender

Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report