cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone Report to a different workspace

Clone Report to a different workspace

Hi there

I have created three workspaces, and I've created the reports for the first one.

The reports that I intend to create for the other two workspaces, will be exactly the same.

I'd like to be able to clone the report from the first workspace, and edit the workspace I use it in, and then save it to the right area.

Thank you

Claire

2 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi Claire,

We appreciate you taking the time to write and submit this idea to the Idea Station.

This is a very interesting case, and I might need some additional information.

I understand the want to clone the report to make it easier and quicker.

I can only see the benefit to clone the report if they are the same workspaces which require some different information but still having same fields and types.  This is one of the reason why we only have clone ability for the same workspace.  Another reason for cloning reports is to capture the same data setting for the Chart. 

I am having a hard time understanding the value to clone a report for 3 different workspaces. Each workspaces have different fields content and different types (some have Grid field, BOM Field, Workflow) that may or may not be the same in all three. The user will need to go back into the report setting to change all the fields and type.

We would love to get more details and feedback from you.  This will help us understand the idea better and to properly design a feature based on your needs.

thank you,

Trung

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report