cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification (i.e., form templates for different scenarios)

Classification (i.e., form templates for different scenarios)

Conditional form-building in a workspace with workflow. We would like to be able to change a form layout based on a classification. Classification is the capability where we get different fields in a form for different scenarios, for example, in pricing.

The pricing attributes necessary for a product for a price list effective period can change depending on the period or type of product. The actual pricing framework and calculation can change as frequently as every month or any ad hoc period as set by the pricing team.

Framework impacts to forms
Ex) We work on about price list effective periods at the same time – the form would be different for a different pricing framework

Per Jared: This is not on the roadmap. The team needs to talk to he product manager responsible for classifications for the expected timeline.
The workaround is that we would use a more complex form that needs to accommodate the superset of everything that might be needed. The workaround is not ideal.
4 Comments
DonovanJr
Advocate

Agree,

Even in simple workspaces "like change management", where the flow dictates what information is required. Our users get confused when too much info or blank fields to fill in are presented.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Currently this is not on the roadmap, we add this to our future enhancement list.
dvirh
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi There,

We now have a technical preview availble for classification functionality in PLM 360. If you are interested to participate in this technical preview, please contact me directly at hagay.dvir@autodesk.com

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Classification has been release as part of May 2015 Releases.

Please check out the Help Guide - "What's New"

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-54272087-4369-4F26-A64C-D44DF4D0D144 

Thank you,

Trung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report