cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM edit - Add ability to hide some fields

BOM edit - Add ability to hide some fields

In the BOM editor, can we have the ability to hide some of the fields? The list of fields can get too long. This is not user friendly.

6 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi Gary,

This is an interesting idea and request.

Currently we have the Bom View setup.  

Some of our customers that have many columns in the BOM Tab, they create multiple BOM views to cut down on the number of columns.

This will allow the user to see various columns.

I am not sure that by ability to hide some of the fields will resolve your issue.

Please clarify or provide more details.

Thanks,

gary.belisle
Advocate

I understand that. My concern is when the user is in the edit mode after clicking the edit button. We may have many columns that are information that clog up the interface.

richard.valdez
Advocate

I have also had requests for this but for Viewing only. for our Items we have 6 manufacturer fields with 6 Manufacture Part numbers typically the first three are the most important but having all six displayed on the BOM view is a bit big. the Scroll Bar section gets quite big. maybe have the default view list everything but the Viewer to be able to hide fields would help. 

don.gibson
Contributor

When editing a BOM, we have about 43 BOM fields.  Only 7 of those fields are editable.  It would be wonderful to be able to hide or arrange the fields that are just noise.  Right now, I have one of my 7 editable fields is on the far right side of the BOM list.  By the time I scroll over to the field, I forget which line I was looking at.  Adds a lot of potential confusion.

Hiding or arranging these fields would be very beneficial.

dvirh
Autodesk

In the 'Modern UI' for Fusion Lifecycle, the next-generation UI that we are working on, we have changed the way BOM edit works such that the edit works on the same BOM-VIEW as the View mode is showing. This means that if you have some fields not visible in the current view, you will not see them in the edit screen. We realize that this has some limitations but I'm wondering what you think of it as a first step. Feel free to sign up for our beta program at https://beta.autodesk.com and try it out for yourself.

Hagay Dvir

Sr. Product Manager, Fusion Lifecycle

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report