cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow bulk Import into Multiple Selection Picklists

Allow bulk Import into Multiple Selection Picklists

When using the import tool, performing a bulk import of values into a "single selection" linking picklist is possible. Unfortunately I cannot select a "Multiple Selection" linking picklist it in my import to do the same thing.

This feature is very important for our company since it would allow us to show our linked product items in one specific field, as opposed to having multiple "single selection picklists"--which doesn’t make a clean visual. 

The data I have is in a excel format. With over thousands of entries, having the import tool to bulk import the linking picklist values in the multiple selection picklists would allow me to provide my tenant with the information it needs efficiently and visually appealing.

import.png

4 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

BiggePLM
Advocate

Has there been any progress on this Idea.

The inability to import update multi-picklist fields is preventing me from launching several developed apps for use. In order to get started I have several 1000 records that need to get loaded and currently we will have to import the records then manually update all the records multi-picklist fields!!!

if this idea is still a ways off in getting implemented, I guess we will just start manually keying in the data.

Bob Donovan

Bigge Power Constructors

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: 投票募集中
Comma delimited values can now be imported into multi-select pick lists! See the PLM 360 "What's New in PLM 360" page for more details on the June 2013 release.
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-0635504E-2FB4-4D06-BD6F-36DF14B7FC14

June 2013 Release - 

Import BOM and Item Improvements

It is now possible to import BOM and item data directly to multi-select fields.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report