cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an image field to the grid tab

Adding an image field to the grid tab

Images are some times needed as additional information to support text or data, it would be very benafitial if the Grid Tab could have the capability of adding an image field.

The Grid Tab is a great way of adding additional lines of information based around specific fields, this allows you to keep adding and adding more lines of the sames date where needed.

However you currently cant add images as one of these specific fields as image can not be picked from the data type dropdown when setting up the field.

I have a need for creating this type of tab within a workspace, but the information which is needed within this area of the workspace must have supporting images pr photos.

The advantage of having the information in this way then means you can progress to an advanced print view which can be printed out and given to the shop floor in form of a report if needed, in my case I want another user to look in to this workspace and on to the Grid tab to see the lines of information with supporting images to help overcome a language barrier.

Please can you look in to adding image fields in the Grid section.

6 Comments
dkeeley
Collaborator

This is a good idea. I have a similar usage case for this.

We would like to use PLM 360 to manage our specifications and procedures as item records rather than documents. The ability to add imges to the grid would allow us to do this and so eliminate a lot of 'dumb' documents and use printviews instead.

David.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

HI Swelss,

Congratulations!!!

Your idea has been accepted.

We will add this to our feature list and will be working on getting this idea in our future release.

thank you,

Trung

swells
Contributor
Excellent, great news, can't wait to build with this addition!

Stuart Wells
Product Development Manager
M: +44 (0) 7912 733508
😧 +44 (0) 1279 773858
T: +44 (0) 1279 427001
www.astrolighting.co.uk

Astro Lighting Ltd

Astro Lighting is a limited company registered in England and Wales
Registered office: G2 River Way, Harlow CM20 2DP
Registered number: 3314935
Status changed to: Under Review

Since this topic is over 6 months old, and we would like to review it in more detail internally in the context of Modern before potentially moving into a development backlog.

Giliar Perez
Product Owner - Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk Canada Co.

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report