Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Search Tool - Accents

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kedevlin
260 Views, 1 Reply

Workspace Search Tool - Accents

The Workspace Search Tool does not recognize accents.  For example, we have certain Item Details Fields populated with "rosé".  The Workspace Search Tool does not return these fields as search results whether I enter it with the accent or without it (i.e., "rosé" or "rose").  Is there a setting change I can make so that it will recognize accents?  If not, any suggestions to resolve this?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gasevsm
in reply to: Kedevlin

hi kedevlin,

This classic search anomaly is caused by differences in character encoding when user is adding or editing é (letter e with acute accent or e-acute) to item details page vs. the character encoding used to search for this value.  This e-acute is an extended ASCII symbol and is represented by 2-bytes, unlike the standard printable ASCII characters represented by 1-byte.

Our product supports the superset UTF-8 encoding allowing you type much wider range of characters than ASCII; However, it seems this classic search page in some layer in its product business/data layers uses different encoding converting e-cute from a single double-byte to two single-byte characters thereby giving you rosé to rosé.  

Please contact me in private to discuss this further. I wuold like to explore a possibilty that may help out resolve this issue.

Regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report