Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Sync

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
772 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Sync

I have some specific questions about the Vault sync tool. Can I post them here?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michelle.stone
in reply to: Anonymous

Please do!  It will help the whole community to have this sort of knowledge sharing happen on our forum.

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michelle.stone

• I had an item that was released, I backed it back to work in progress and re-released it and it didn't seem to update in PLM 360. Should this have triggered a sync?

• It seems like the sync service needs to be manually started if you perform a machine reboot even if you have the service set to auto start. Why is this?

• Can you explain the DWF link option or file attachment options for Vault to PLM360? Is this available?

• What are the plan for future bi-directional updates? Will this be available with Vault 2013?
Message 4 of 5
dvirh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the questions. I'm including some responses below

• I had an item that was released, I backed it back to work in progress and re-released it and it didn't seem to update in PLM 360. Should this have triggered a sync?

Yes, it should have triggered a sync. There could be several reasons if it didn't. First, check the status of all services (the PLM 360 Sync and the Job Server). If they are both running, try to restart the PLM 360 Sync service. If everything is set up properly, try to wait a little longer. When you installed the sync service you were asked to choose the 'Wait Time'. Data only loads to PLM 360 in intervals of that 'Wait Time'

• It seems like the sync service needs to be manually started if you perform a machine reboot even if you have the service set to auto start. Why is this?

The reason for this is due to dependencies on other services that may not be running yet. Setting the service to 'Automatic (Delayed Start)' can help solve this problem.

• Can you explain the DWF link option or file attachment options for Vault to PLM360? Is this available?

WIth the first release of the PLM 360 Sync tool there will not be an option to sync DWF files. WIth future releases we expect to allow you to include the visualization file association with the item in Vault as an attachment to the item in PLM. 

• What are the plan for future bi-directional updates? Will this be available with Vault 2013?

I do not expect that we will have a bi-directionali integration working with Vault 2013. For future releases, we will likely have additional capabilities in this area but it is highly dependant on the use case you have in mind. In general, our thought process is that each system will 'master' its own data and the Sync tool will allow a user in each system to reference data from the other system. 

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: dvirh

Regarding your first bullet point, what did you do to get from Released to WIP in Vault?  Did you do a rollback then re-release?  In other words, you released the same revision twice?

The problem with re-releasing an item in Vault is that PLM 360 doesn't have a rollback feature.  So the rollback doesn't propagate to PLM 360.  When you release the Vault item the second time, the sync tool thinks PLM 360 is up to date because it has the item revision from the first sync.

Workaround:

Here is something to try.  Move the Vault item to obsolete and wait for it to sync to PLM 360.  After the PLM 360 item goes to obsolete, move the Vault item back to WIP, make your edits and re-release.  PLM 360 should then move back to Released with the proper updates.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report