Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools to help build tenants with

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jpiggee
1054 Views, 7 Replies

Tools to help build tenants with

What types of tools can one use to help them build out tenants?

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jpiggee
in reply to: jpiggee

This has actually been a question asked of me a couple of times. My tool of choice is Visio, (which I will be showing here), and Mindmapping which is very similar in nature to Visio.

When Working on a complex solution for a customer I try to look at it from two angles high level and granular. I will usually start with the high level view being what workspaces I need to complete the required steps in the process I am trying to solve. Once I have a general overview of that I will then start looking at what will be included or needed for the individual workspace  such as the grid tab or the BOM tab and weather this is a workflow workspace or maybe needing a sourcing workspace or revision controlled.

Once the basic frame work of the tenant is laid out; I then switch to using the database model diagram version in Visio. I find this to be a fantastic tool as the columns section directly correlates with the field building in PLM 360. With this I can create the fields for the workspaces and the relationships between how the pick list will be created.

After going through the High level layout and the start of a granular layout I will then proceed to build basic, non – workflow workspaces ( with one or two fields max) within the tenant to test my layout and pick – list. Using this method of building workspaces with very little data allows for quick creation and refinement of ideas.

Once the pick- list and all other points of shared information is tested and refined as need be, I will then start on building the true workspaces and pick-list.

Although this process seems complicated and time consuming, I can assure you that the example s attached to this post were created, tested, and verified for final layout within a normal workday for me from inception to completion took less than 72 hours.

If you would like to know more please feel free to post your questions in the forum and I will be more than happy to assist you.

::As a side note this tenant was created with less than 6 unique scripts. ::

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 3 of 8
scottmoyse

Joe,

This is excellent advice, to put it into a bit more context, could you add some names to the visio blocks, so we can gain some inspiration from your efforts please? Although what you show fulfills the intent of your post, are you able to take it a step further?

Cheers

Scott.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 8
jpiggee
in reply to: scottmoyse

Scott,

I will definitely revisit this to try and but it a little more relevant and less generic. I hope to accomplish this by the end of the week.

A step further; in which way would you like to see it heading?

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 5 of 8
scottmoyse

Step further > Just making it a little more specific so people can follow your logic.

Cheers 

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 8
jpiggee

Hi Scott,

Sorry it’s been a busy week but here is a more specified High-level view of the same layout. I hope to have a granular view for you by Monday at the latest.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 7 of 8
scottmoyse

Interesting, cheers!

It looks like you are writing to the Grid = Other Changes from the Other W/S, whats the story there? I thought you could only read from the Grid and not write to it.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
jpiggee

Scott,

That would be a Linking pick-list, used to add alternate information that was not wanted or needed to be tracked by the BOM. In the case of this scenario, it would relate to objects that were not part of the fundamental design of the item, but alternatives that are directly related to the object.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report