Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show different values or picklists based on the value in a field

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sthimmappa
319 Views, 5 Replies

Show different values or picklists based on the value in a field

I have a workspace where I am capturing travel related requests.  Based on the type of travel (Domestic/International), I want the From and To Locations to display values from a Domestic location workspace or an International location workspace.  How can I do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dvirh
in reply to: sthimmappa

It is not currently possible to show items from different workspaces in the same Picklist field. However, you may achieve the result you are expecting by putting all the locations in one workspace ('Locations') and add a field that specify whether this is a Domestic or an International location. Then you can use Filtered Picklists to filter the data that is presented in the Picklist to only show Domestic locations or International locations as appropriate.

For example, assuming the From location is alway Domestic but the To location is either Domestic or International depending on the Type, you could set it up in the following way:

1. Set up a Workspace called 'Locations' with 2 fields: TYPE and DESTINATION. TYPE is always Domestic or International. DESTINATION is the location
  2. Set up a Picklist of values from the Locations workspace called LOCATIONS_PL_ALL
  3. Set up a second Picklist of values from the Locations workspace called LOCATIONS_PL_DOMESTIC. Add a prefilter to it that will only show Domestic locations
  4. In the workspace where you are consuming the Locations, set up a field for TYPE. Make it a Filtered Picklist using the field TYPE from the Picklist LOCATIONS_PL_ALL
  5. Add a second field called FROM. Set it as a PL or Filtered PL using the Picklist LOCATIONS_PL_DOMESTIC
  6. Lastly, set up a third field called TO. St it as a Filtered PL using he Picklist LOCATIONS_PL_ALL

The fields TYPE and TO in the consuming workspace will filter each other to show only Domestic or only International locations depending on the type of selected.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
sthimmappa
in reply to: dvirh

Thanks for the response Hagay.  Both the From and To Locations need to display the Domestic/International locations based on type.  I followed some of your instructions below and I could create a filtered list for the From Location.  However, it does not work for the To Location.  

I have 3 field types - Travel Type; From Location; To Location.

I have a workspace where I have created a list of all domestic and international locations as well as a picklist based on type per your instructions below.  When I select Domestic in the Type - the From Location works like a charm and filters based on the type and displays all Domestic locations.  However, I see that the To Location now displays only the value in the From and not the entire list of all Domestic Locations.  

Message 4 of 6
dvirh

There are two ways to filter picklists in PLM 360. The first is by adding a filter on the picklist itself, what we call 'Pre Filter', and the second is by creating a series of Filtered Picklist. The second method works by increaingly filtering out items in a second workspace that don't match all the selections made in each of the Filtered Picklist fields. For this second method to work, you must use the same filtered picklist in all the fields and select different fields on the target workspace to filter on in each field. Please refer to the product doucmentation for more information.

In your case, if you want to use Filtered Picklist to select both the From and the To locations, you will need to set up TWO Filtered Picklists with TWO fields each. One set to choose the From location and another set for the To location.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
sthimmappa
in reply to: dvirh

I have a workspace now that has records of international and domestic locations. In that workspace, I have a filtered picklist All Locations.
In my travel request workspace, I have Travel Type picklist where I have selected All Locations with Type as the field to filter on.
In the From Location, I can see the appropriate locations based on Type.
However, I cant get the same to work in the To Location. You mentioned that I need to have TWO filtered picklists with TWO fields each - I am not sure I understand - can you please clarify? Thanks again
Message 6 of 6
dvirh

This is getting a bit too detailed for the boards here. Please send me an email directly and we can schedule a screen share to take you through how to set it up. My email is hagay.dvir@autodesk.com

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report