Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting field defaults when spawning a new workspace

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tomtemp
385 Views, 2 Replies

Setting field defaults when spawning a new workspace

I've set up default values for a number of different fields, but when I spawn the workspace, the defaults don't get set for any of the fields.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jared.sund
in reply to: tomtemp

Hello Tom, 

When you say spawn the workspace, do you mean that you are spawning a new item in a workspace from scripting?  If this is true, then yes scripting doesn’t currently adhere to client side behaviors such as default values and validations. We’ve taken this route to allow greater flexibility from the scripting engine, but maybe something we should revisit. 

Today in scripting, you would need to define the default values in your script to populate those fields in the spawning activity.

Hope this helps,

-Jared

Jared Sund
Sr. Product Line Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
tomtemp
in reply to: jared.sund

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your reply. When I couldn't get this to work, I did go ahead and script in the values, as you've suggested. For my two cents it may be worth re-visiting as it seems that IF you can avoid scripting and included it as a standard feature, it has value. Thanks again for your reply and have a great day!

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report