Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search return sort?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DTherien
602 Views, 2 Replies

Search return sort?

Hi.  Could someone illuminate for me the sorting of Search returns?  Doesn't appear to on Item Descriptor...  Thx!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gasevsm
in reply to: DTherien

Greetings,

The new search returns results sorted by score - most relevant result first. The scoring algorithm is determed by a proven and tuned model consisted of several dials measuring different levels of information:

- frequency of search term on the item i.e. how often does it appear on an item

- how often the term appears across the entire search space

- number of terms from the query found on the item in case its a multi-word query

- measure of the importance of a search term according to the total number of terms on a given field

- finally some bias indexing and searching boost levers for specific fields like item descriptor

Curious how would you expect it to behave in your finding?

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
j.hendrickson
in reply to: gasevsm

I've been wondering about this as well.  Most of my searches are on the fields that make up the descriptors, but often the records I would expect to show up first are way down in the list.  I guess the only thing I would suggest is that the bias towards searching descriptors be set higher, even given absolute priority, especially since that field is what is returned in the search results.

Thanks.

Joe Hendrickson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report