Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script to create Linked Items

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DonovanJr
672 Views, 4 Replies

Script to create Linked Items

I am currently looking at customizing the workflow for the Sales quote workspace. The concept I am working on is to use the linked items tab to add from the Items & BOMS WS the parts to be quoted. Then as part of the workflow I want to spawn RFQ’s in the RFQ WS.

Attached is the workflow for the sales quote and I have started the action script for the Submit to pricing Transition. I can get it to generate an RFQ record with out issue, but I want to send over the individual line items from the quote to the RFQ.

So two things come out of this thought:

1. The spawned RFQ should really be a single RFQ for each default vendor from items sourcing information from the ITEMS&BOMS linked on the Sales quote. So in essence multiple RFQ’s for each Sales Quote are possible.
  2. If the first step is possible. What are the references required for the fields to be used in the script?
  3. Lastly once the RFQ is created Add the items to the Linked Items tab of the RFQ.

Or is this too much for the scripting. I could add the relationships tab and create relationships to RFQ's manually but was looking to automate that process.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jpiggee
in reply to: DonovanJr

Hi Bob,

(Not sure what you mean by “linked items”, but I am thinking you are talking about items in the grid tab, if not let me know, if so read on..)

When looking at the Sales Quote workspace, the items are added to the grid tab as a line item. You can use scripting to access items in the grid tab (Line items tab).  And transfer these to the RFQ workspace, adding these items to the grid tab (Items (For Quote)).

To script for accessing the grid tab see (under the  “item Object Grid Array”)

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0085-Develope85/0086-Server-S86/0093-Scriptin93

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 5
DonovanJr

Joe,

I used the term linked items to refer to the workflow items tab

plm1.png

Which when you edit to add fields is named linked items.

plm2.png

Here is a better description (see below) of what I am trying to do and the issue I have found is getting access to information on the linked (workflow) items tab and then using it to refrence information from the record in the linked workscpace - Supplier or sourcing tab from items and boms, I am guessing that this information is not available to the scripting engine? I was hoping it was because when you create an advanced print view the information is available there?

Workflow & script action.

On transition to Submit to Pricing of Sales Quotes Workflow execute action sript to:

• For each Item (found on the WorkFlow tab) on the Sales Quote:
  • Determine vendor (from item record sourcing tab - default only)
  • Add vendor to a collection (Array) if it does not already exist and associate the item with it
  • If vendor does exist, associate the item with the vendor
  • This leads to a collection of all vendors involved with the sales quote, and their associated items.  For each vendor in that collection:
  • Create a new RFQ record
  • Add each item to be quoted to that records workflow tab.

Regards,

Bob Donovan

Message 4 of 5
jpiggee

Bob,

At this time fields on the Linked items tab is not accessible by scripting.

However you can modify the grid tab (Line items) to be a linking pick list, which looks like it would accomplish the same task it modified properly.

Then leverage that for your spawning, perhaps?

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 5 of 5
DonovanJr
in reply to: jpiggee

That's too bad,

The grid list will work, I just loose the benifit of using the relationships that the linked item tab gives me.

Are there plans to include the various detail sections of the database in the API. I.E. Workflow, Relationships, BOM Details etc. in future releases?

BD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums