Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script - Integer value from picklist

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tony.Gonzalez
426 Views, 4 Replies

Script - Integer value from picklist

Script - Looking for a script to take an integer value (1-5) from a picklist radio button selection. The idea is to have the user creating the WS record select from a list of 5 options and then have the WS record retain the selection integer that corresponds with the selection. Currently in PLM 360, the picklist function does not return a predictable integer value, known issue, no planned fix.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gasevsm
in reply to: Tony.Gonzalez

Correct. If you change the picklist definition and inject selections as opposed to append, its index changes with it.
--
Martin Gasevski

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
gasevsm

Correct.  If change the picklist definition and inject selection options, its index changes with it.

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 4 of 5
Tony.Gonzalez
in reply to: gasevsm

Thanks, however, I am not clear what you mean by injection options. Currently the picklist options I have are setup as follows, example:

1 - No Goals or Vision

2 - Assumed Goals

3 - Agreed Goals and Assumed Vision

4 - Confirmed Goals and Vision

5 - Measured Success Towards Goals

I need the radio button selection to return the corresponding integer value. I was told by support the only way to insure the correct integer value was scripting. Any advice?

Message 5 of 5
broepke

I have a great tip for this.

If you want to make sure your numbers match the assigned "background" integer you CAN make this happen.  Normally when you create a new pick list you add all the values to the new list and hit "Save" - here it basically adds them to the back end database in a random order.

HOWEVER - 

if you add these values one at a time - SAVING the pick list after each value the integers will get assigned in the order you want.

1. Create a new pick list
  2. Type in the first value and only this value - such as "1 - No Goals or Vision"
  3. Save and close the pick list
  4. Open the pick list again for Edit
  5. Add the next value "2 - Assumed Goals"
  6. Save and close
  7. Repeat

Once you do this you can validate the value but it will assign the integers (pick list index) in the right order:

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report