Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API: versions, plans

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
411 Views, 2 Replies

REST API: versions, plans

Hi all,

Today I noticed to Help was added new section "REST API v1 Reference" without any suffix as for v2 API. So I have some questions.

For now we have two version of API. The functional of these version are different (as it look in documentation). For our purposes we need some features from v1 and some features from v2. Is this possible to use two APIs togeteher?

API v1 doesn't have any suffix. So it is released and ready for production. Am I correct? How long it will be supported?

What plans Autodesk has about v1, v2 of REST API? Will v2 include all features of v1? Is there any dates when it can be released?

One thing we noticed about v2 for now that it is REALLY slow. To create some interesting BOM by our app we are waiting for minutes.

Thank you for any information for these questions.

Best regards, Vladimir

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gasevsm
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Vladimir,

For all practical purposes, /v2 doesn't exist and isn't supported.  It is deveoper/technical preview material; you may treat it as techinical public beta that may not see the light of day in full production. It is shared online for feedback purposes only. That /v2 endpoint stack changes very frequently that it cannot be considered as stable. 

Please use v1 for production/mission critical systems. As API consumer, I understand you may be attracted by some /v2 capabilities and are tempted to use both versions in production. I will not discourage you from doing so as I would welcome any feedback as we learn its benefit and its limitations.  

Mixing the two is possible provided you are aware of the reprecussions when /v2 endpoints change without any ahead notice.

Regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: gasevsm

Thank you for answer.

Looking forward to hearing news about REST API v2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report