Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report produces Excel error message

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jdavis417
560 Views, 4 Replies

Report produces Excel error message

EXCEL_ERROR_MSG_UPON_CREATION_OF_ALL_DRF_REPORT.png

While the file opens, upon SaveAs it seems to want to default to an .htm file set.

I'm using Inventor 2012 with Office 2010.  My browser is Chrome (yes, we think it's much better).

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
broepke
in reply to: jdavis417

This is the current standard behaviour.  It actually uses an HTML based output to format for Excel.  We'd like to convert it to XLSX at some time in the future - but not currently planned.

In the meantime in Office 2010 or later (2007 even?) use the "Convert" funtion...  This works perfect.  Go ahead and open the file, use the "Convert" funtion and save it.  It will take the format and turn it automatically to the latest format and clean up the HTML version.

(This is the same convert that would be used to convert the old XLS to XLSX format)

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 5
jdavis417
in reply to: broepke

Thanks, Brian.

I'll be posting the next "issues" on Importing soon!

Message 4 of 5
jdavis417
in reply to: broepke

I forgot to ask... what conversion needs to happen?

What "version" of Excel does PLM360 need?

Message 5 of 5
broepke
in reply to: jdavis417

PLM 360 doesn't need a certain version - the output is more of an open format that's compatible with Excel.  So by doing this "convert" it's just a way to change it from our outputted version to the standart latest Excel format.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report