Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record editing by two users at the same time

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jdow
353 Views, 1 Reply

Record editing by two users at the same time

I was poised with the question on how PLM 360 handles multiple users (who have edit access to a record) who are in the same record editing various fields?  I know that the first person who saves wins and the other user(s) will receive a message that their view needs to be refreshed due to changes made by another user.  The issue here is that the other users don't know if someone else is editing when they are and they are only warned/told when someone makes a save.  This means the other users will lose the data they just entered (by having to refresh).

Customer wants to know if there is any way to allow users to know if some has started to edited data before they also start to edit data on the same record?

Thanks,

John

I know there are "other" ways to handle this via workflow but wanted to better understand this situation regardless.

JD
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gasevsm
in reply to: jdow

Presently, there isn't a way. Kindly log a idea exchange with the aforementioned problem statement.
Regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report