Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Linked Item Validation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MrSJM88
457 Views, 4 Replies

Project Management Linked Item Validation

Hi There,

Is there a validation script out there that ensures a user has added a linked item to project management tab prior to particualr state in a workflow?

Thanks,

Stephen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nguyentru
in reply to: MrSJM88

Hi Stephen,

Here is an example script that you can use.

var message = [];

if(item.PROJECT_LINK === null){

message.push('You need to select a Project in the Project Link Field.');

}

returnValue(message);

Trung Nguyen | PLM Product Management | Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
MrSJM88
in reply to: nguyentru

Good Morning Trung,

This script would ensure a field has been populated and I think I might be able to whip up a workaround for what I am looking for but is there a script that validates a linked item in the project management tab?

Scenario

Workspace A (validation that Workspace B was created and linked to A prior to workflow)

Workspace B (project link field, picklist of Workspace A to link to project management)

Right now a user could create a record in Workspace A and start the workflow without creating Workspace B record.

Thanks,

Stephen

Message 4 of 5
gasevsm
in reply to: MrSJM88

Hi Stephen,
Please take a look at Scripting Reference guide's item.project.children. You can check if the tab is empty by checking item.project.children.length===0 or can check for specific task presence by looping through the tasks and check for title or other information. Eg. item.project.children[0].title.

The reference can be found here. http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-BBBBAB3B-FEAE-4EB7-8D1B-29E76EC6BC65

Regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 5 of 5
MrSJM88
in reply to: gasevsm

Hi Martin,

This is perfect.

Thank-you for your help!

Stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report