Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 360 Imports of excel files into workspace fail with server side error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
oomclintmidas
495 Views, 6 Replies

PLM 360 Imports of excel files into workspace fail with server side error

I am getting the following error when uploading a set of data from Excel into a workspace in PLM using "imports"

Capture.JPG

A server-side error has occurred.

The original spreadsheet has 46 000 rows, which would not upload, so I have broken this down into bite sized 2000 row spreadsheets, the first of which uploaded with no problems, the second would not, I have broken this down further into 1000 row and 500 row .xls and ,xlsx files and none of them will run.

I've tried changing the formatting of the spreadsheets to strip out anything strange, and I have even removed mandatory fields from the item details to ensure that there are no conflicts. There are no errors listed under "problems" bottom right.

I suspect that there is either a character or row limit in PLM...

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Still no word...

I've now tried a different PC, Chrome, Windows Explorer, Firefox and Chrome for Android, still no luck there, so it's not the browser.

Some spreadsheets import, others do not, which is very strange, as they all originate from the BIG original file.

Can anyone suggest anything constructive?

Message 3 of 7
gasevsm
in reply to: oomclintmidas

Greetings, Have you contacted PLM product support so they may triage the problem and escalate the case inwards if its a clear product issue or work with you if it's a file encoding or formatting issue?
Regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 4 of 7
oomclintmidas
in reply to: gasevsm

Thanks for the reply, please can you point me in their direction.
Message 5 of 7
gasevsm
in reply to: oomclintmidas

Hope this helps resolve. Please follow the instructions. http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-6E0A13B0-DE38-4263-9C15-7509380A0941

This post also describes howto get started with technical support. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/plm-360-general-discussion/technical-support-for-plm-360/td-p/3798058

If you don't make progress, please upload the failing xls file and we can give it a test run to see results.

Good luck,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 6 of 7
michelle.stone
in reply to: gasevsm

Clint - a case has been created for you (#10390898 if you follow up in either Subscription or Partner center).  Someone with have to do a screen sharing session to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7

?Thanks Michelle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report