Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Workflow

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tomtemp
320 Views, 1 Reply

Parallel Workflow

We have  have a need within our workflow where we transition from one state to one, or several different, state(s) at the same time so that projects are moving through the shop more efficiently. How is this best represented in the workflow, so that we can have sign off after each following state?

Tom

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nguyentru
in reply to: tomtemp

Hi Tom,

I will need to know more about your user story and case in order for me to provide a more detail solution.

However, I have done something similar in couple of my engagements.  

You can move from one state to another in the workflow based on the input of the fields in the Item Details tab.

Step 1:

* Create a field that you designate as the sign off 

* Based on the input or selection of this field - the workflow transition from State A to State B

* Depending on the number of state you are try to move through you will need to create the same amount of fields.

if the user complete 2 sign off - the workflow will transition from State A to State C.

Step 2:

* Create a workflow 

* Create and add all the necessary transition from State A to B to C....

* Write an action script to trigger the transition of the workflow state from one to another.

* Activate the Action through  - Upon Creation, on Edit, or Action on Demand. based on your needs.

I have an application - Supplier Quarterly Business Review (SQBR) that has workflow transition build in.  Of course my design is a simple one that only moves one way.  This will give you an example of how I set up my Item Detail fields, Workflow: Transition and State, and my script.

If you are the Administrator, you can access my App by going to the Administration --> App Store --> Supplier Quarterly Business Review (SQBR).

If you still have issues or questions, feel free to e-mail me at trung.nguyen@autodesk.com

Good luck!!!

Trung

Trung Nguyen | PLM Product Management | Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report