Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of BOM items when adding multiple items

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sten
470 Views, 4 Replies

Order of BOM items when adding multiple items

I have a problem adding multiple items to a BOM in one step.

The order of the items when they appear in the BOM list seems random.

- it was not in the order of selection

- it was not in order of sorted descriptor

- it was not the order of the unique id

Is there any way I can control the order besides adding one item at the time (which is not a viable solution).

I _really_ hope the BOM import functionallity is improved soon. This is a cross WS bom and I am stuck with the manual entry.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dvirh
in reply to: sten

You cannot control the order of the items in the BOM while you are adding multiple items to the BOM, but you can change the order of the items in any existing BOM. Simply Edit the BOM and choose Line Numbers in the order that you want the items to appear in the BOM. See image.

BOM Line Numbers.png

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
sten
in reply to: dvirh

I understand, but manually sorting 100+ items is not a good way to spend my time.
Message 4 of 5
dvirh
in reply to: sten

I understand the following will also not solve your problem, but since you mentioned the importer I thought I should mention that you can also import Line Numbers using the importer using the Level import method. Line number imports are implicit and happen automatically as long as they exist in the import file. The way to specify the line numbers is exactly the same as they are specified in the Export. Menaining that in the Level column, simply add the line number in the following format: <level>.<line number>. See image for what it should look like in the Excel fil

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
sten
in reply to: dvirh

I would like to use the importer, but since many of my BOM items reside in another workspace I cannot use the importer.

I have a ideastation request on adding this capability to the importer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report