Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only allow record owner to change owner

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
359 Views, 1 Reply

Only allow record owner to change owner

Hi all,

Is it possible to set a workspace so that only the owner of an item is able to change ownership? I still want all users with permission to view the workspace to see the item. The workspace I want this function in is a basic workspace with workflow, but I suspect this is an issue for all types of workspaces.

The only settings I've found is "Change ownership" in permissions, but this permitts changing owner on all or none of the items.

Best regards

Johan Kenneberg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dvirh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Johan,

There are several ways that the Change Ownership functionality is used. Here are a few examples:

• Transfer responsibility to another person when the original person can no longer perform the work. This could happen if that person left the company or went on vacation.
  • Work assignment. This is frequently performed by a project manager, a team leader, or a manager. The person performing the action may or may not be the owner of the item
  • Accept ownership. Sometimes items are reported into a queue and one person from the team needs to take ownership on the item by changing ownership to himself. This is common in Issue Management use cases

What is common to all of these use cases is that the person who is performing the action is not necessarily, and sometimes necessarily is not, the person who is the owner of the item. What is also true is that no matter who is performing the action, the action is logged in the change log providing full traceability to what has happend.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't see the permission to change owner as a way to control security, but rather as a way to enable a streamlined workflow in various use cases.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report