Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Workspace Permissions Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DonovanJr
405 Views, 4 Replies

New Workspace Permissions Issue

Ok another onte that has be baffled?

Set up a new workspace two day ago, (only created the Admin Role then)

created and tested workspace function, all ok?

Added a Read Write role (limiting some permissions) and getting non expected results like some field not displaying in create or edit records (including required fields) for users with the Read Write Role. Admin role has no issues with editing or creating records.

I have now given the Read Write role all the same permissions as the Admin and same result. Only when I put the user in the Admin Group does editing work correctly. This includes all the WF transition permissions and there are no condition scripts?

Then I thought maybe there was something wrong with my item details sections so I moved all the fields into the first section and deleted the empty sections. Now when I create or edit a record I get no fields with the R/W role only Admin?

Where do I go from here? Attached are screen shots showing the edit record under the R/W role and Admin Role and the permisions for each

Thanks in Advance?

BD

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gasevsm
in reply to: DonovanJr

Kindly check the following to see if its causing the conflicts you're seeing for users creating or editing items;

1. Check each field Editable flag (onCreate only, True, False)
2. check advanced section permissions. In admin, show itemDetails panel to edit a section and verify if you've added view-only or writeable permissions override for certain groups.

HTH,
--
Martin Gasevski

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
BiggePLM
in reply to: gasevsm

Had looked at that,

All fields except one are set to Editable: true

Item Details Advanced Section Permissions have nothing set.

BD

Message 4 of 5
DonovanJr
in reply to: BiggePLM

Update since the May Update this past week-end.

It appears that editing an existing record is now working, All the fields that I would expect to be able to edit are now visible.

But creating a new record now shows no fields when you click the Add record Plus Icon.

All you get is the Save, Save New, Save & Clone and Cancel Button. if you hit save nothing ever happens the screen just stays there (the save button is greyed out as if clicked). You can click back page and it will return you to the workspace.

BD

Message 5 of 5
gasevsm
in reply to: DonovanJr

Hi,
Please clear your browser cache. Alternatively try this in incognito mode (chrome) or safe mode (ff and ie). Let us know if you are still experiencing the problem.
--
Martin Gasevski | Product Manager | Autodesk PLM 360

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report